Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need help identifying PCGS Number for Japanese 2 shu 1772-1824 Meiwa-Ko-Nanryo Period Coin

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to locate the PCGS Number this coin (see subject) is affiliated with to get this out for the quarterly submission. Any ideas? I do not see this particular one listed. Anybody offer up any help? Thank you very kindly in advance!!!

Aaron

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just leave it blank. That is best if you are unsure of the number. PCGS will fill it in and many foreign coins do not yet have numbers assigned to them.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>You can just leave it blank. That is best if you are unsure of the number. PCGS will fill it in and many foreign coins do not yet have numbers assigned to them.

GrandAm image >>

GrandAm:

Thank you for your input. Awesome!!! I'll get on it immediately. The only reason I want to submit this particular one is because I believe it is AU/BU in grade and to confirm it, I would like to have PCGS render their verdict. These old cast rectangle coins are a pain for me to judge. It is my only ungraded world coin for the quarterly.

Thanks again!!!

Aaron
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    So, this will fall under a C13 whereas they have graded 3 C13a's in MS63. So at least they know where they're going with this. I figure most people collect these things raw. I would be satisfied with it staying raw, but I really haven't a clue as to how to grade them and this thing looks spectacular and all I ever see of these are XFs and lower. This one's a beauty. En route to PCGS!

Aaron