Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

13 Year Quest over, 1997 Totally Certified Platinum Gold Set DONE!

Hello, I am not a frequent poster here but I wanted to share since this is a PSA Registry set.

I have finally completed the 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold Baseball set. The set has 150 cards and each card is individually serial numbered to 30. Golds were seeded in the 3 card pack at a 1:79 rate. I started the set in 1997 but never thought I would ever get 1/2 way. Ebay came along and made the task somewhat easier, but player collectors and several years of commons collecting dust in boxes have been against me. I remember the last 5 cards I needed and will discuss them.

#5 Eddie Murray, I had never seen one and many player collectors had not either, I ended up paying $250+ on ebay.
#4 Dimitri Young, I pulled the card in a pack, odds of pulling the one card you need 1:11,850
#3 Barry Larkin, purchased on ebay, I offer $150 for the card outright and the seller refused. The auction ended $40ish
#2 Jim Edmonds, Trade with a fellow 1997 PSA registry collector, I provided 3 cards for his set, 3 BIG cards.
#1 Ken Griffey Jr #136, Player collectors have been in search for this card for a while with people stating that if it hit ebay they were willing to pay $1K+. The card was offered to be outright for my left arm but it is the last card so I ponied up.

Link to the set,
http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/Composite.aspx?c=1223

Thanks for reading!
George

Comments