Home Precious Metals

....and I thought I was a " Bididiot".

Silver Baron
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.

Comments

• There were at least 2 serious collectors! image
  • WOW..that is crazy..i was watching that auction and it was 116.00 with about a half hour left.....crazy high!!
    I was able to snatch up a 20g Degussa Gold Bar last night for 840.00.....basically melt....couldn't believe my bid won!
    CJ
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Wow, what a premium! Actually, I never knew that Engelhard made 2.5g gold bars, thanks for sharing!

This is a little off topic, but would you by chance know what kind of premium the 1/4 oz round in this type of packaging brings?
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • I could be wrong, but i believe the 1/4oz gold prospector in the same package goes for around $425-$450.....Silver Baron??
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions

• << <i>This is a little off topic, but would you by chance know what kind of premium the 1/4 oz round in this type of packaging brings? >>

I saw them selling for 30% over spot...even a little bit higher.

• << <i>I could be wrong, but i believe the 1/4oz gold prospector in the same package goes for around $425-$450.....Silver Baron?? >>

<< <i> I saw them selling for 30% over spot...even a little bit higher. >>

Awesome, thank you! I ran into one recently for melt, and being the increasingly poor college student I am, I didn't have the funds to buy it. But I am glad that I advised my dad to buy it, he will be pleased to hear about it!

Thanks,
    Ben
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • 1/4 oz. Prospectors usually bring $175 +/- over melt.

I know that the 2.5 gram gold bar is rare as hens teeth ..... but really .... image

The good news is that it shows that there is a serious collector base, small as it may be, for these items!!

Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • I thought the 2.5 gram was the only bar you needed with the assay to complete your collection.

I emailed the seller and offered her $250 to end it right away. She said that since there was a bid already she couldnt do it. ( smart )

Anyways my $250 bid didnt even register...

My offer of $250 still stands for anyone on the board.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx