Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Member "wilskyy" (PLEASE READ)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Long sad story... the wilskyy tale... as my detective work has unraveled it... I "think" that first "he" came on board as this guy ... and burned me on a 1 oz Gold Piece... got my money back though thru PP... the guy who burned me disappeared right after he got my payment and then this wilskky guy showed up..

I saw a red flag... same posting pattern and all... I was strongly advised not to butt in by someone here whom I can not mention...

I did heed that persons advice... unfortunately...

then when this thread we are in now showed up, I truly regretted not intervening... but heck, what if I was wrong?...

now... there is another seller on the BST... same damn pattern of posts... same type of posts... with another 1 oz gold piece...

check it out... it is on there now... not sure which page at this point but I think I saw it over the last 48 hrs on page one...

This time when I saw someone post to the new BST thread... I intervened and warned the potential "buyer"... who thanked me and backed off...

check the timing of when each of these posters signed on to the forums...one after the other... do a search and view their posting styles and patterns... they scream ALT... at least to me...

As i told the potential buyer of the new listing... this new one MIGHT not be the same guy... but i figure that when it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... etc...

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He might be a perfectly fine chap, but my personal policy is to not do transactions with folks who I do not get a good vibe with interacting on this forum (USCF). Of course, that excludes the people who rarely or never post over here as I get no vibe from them. Your mileage may vary. >>

Great advice.....could likely have saved some recent headaches as well....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good points, all of them, seaeagle! Due diligence is vital, especially when you are sending electronic payments. Being able to "reach out and touch somebody" is nearly impossible when all you have is an email address.
  • Options
    This sucks and I hope scammers don't pounce on the BST, I have had better transactions on there then in face to face in this hobby.
  • Options
    It turned out i lost $850! Paypal wouldn't cover it since the only way he would take payment was via paypal gift. I filed a complaint with IC3.gov....haven't heard anything back on this. Again, it was partly my fault for just trusting someone and not doing much background research on him...chalk this up as an expensive lesson.
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    I have always said that ONLY paid PCGS Collectors Club members and PCGS Dealers should be able to sell on BST.

That would prevents non-members from creating multiple accounts to steal.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have always said that ONLY paid PCGS Collectors Club members and PCGS Dealers should be able to sell on BST.

That would prevents non-members from creating multiple accounts to steal. >>

Not a bad idea at all.

OR, at the very least, in our profiles, there should be a column indicating if we are a paid PCGS member or not.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It turned out i lost $850! Paypal wouldn't cover it since the only way he would take payment was via paypal gift. I filed a complaint with IC3.gov....haven't heard anything back on this. Again, it was partly my fault for just trusting someone and not doing much background research on him...chalk this up as an expensive lesson. >>

It's much worse being targeted than being scammed.
    Sorry for the economic hardships placed on you, and as you know, I had dealings with wilskyy. I refused to send money as a "gift" as my purchases are for "re-sell" in a corporate environnment. And as such, my Pay Pal account has always been a business account. I opted to pay the extra 3% and suppose that is why Pay Pal called me about this guy and why my money was returned immediately. I sent you through PMs, information to contact them, and want to assure you that as a fellow board member, I even called them (pay pow) on YOUR behalf.
    What I find peculiar is this :
    After that ordeal, could you enlighten me here, as to WHY you did NOT insure a package (either with signature confirmation or insurance), on a much lesser amount, for an item sold/sent to another board member ?

This place is to teach me about coins, but these types of threads flood the place and disturb me greatly, as a 'wannabe numismatist' , I keep learning more about "how to ship packages". This all a drag on my brain.

Kind regards,

JP
    not to be mistaken for J6P
  • Options
    cjmezz pm sent.
  • Options
    JP---i posted my response to the thread in that thread...the problem is..this guy is a scammer.....my deal was a "shipping error"..nothing to do with scamming anyone!
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JP---i posted my response to the thread in that thread...the problem is..this guy is a scammer.....my deal was a "shipping error"..nothing to do with scamming anyone! >>

I know you're not the scammer. I'm just saying a few of us have been targeted by one. I'm confident you're okay and that lessons are learned, which are invalueable, in comparison to the tuition paid.
    Trust is built.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is an excellent reminder of the shortfalls of using PayPal gift option. It is great for the seller, since there are no fees involved. But... the buyer gives up some important protection or recourse if something goes wrong.

Don't use PayPal gift option unless you are comfortable with whom you are dealing with.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have always said that ONLY paid PCGS Collectors Club members and PCGS Dealers should be able to sell on BST.

That would prevents non-members from creating multiple accounts to steal. >>

I'm not a PCGS Collectors club member and I've had nearly 40 very positive transactions on the BST. Perhaps instead of making PCGS responsible, individual members should take some responsibility...or not use Paypal gift....or look for references. I'm not saying it's okay for people to rip people off obviously and it's too bad that the OP lost his money, but regulating the BST like you suggest is overkill IMHO.

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    RYK had an interesting post concerning the " Circle of Trust" a few years back, although taken jokingly it is a sound concept that has worked well... LOL maybe instead of YOU SUCK awards we should have " Circle of Trust " awards
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options

<< <i>RYK had an interesting post concerning the " Circle of Trust" a few years back, although taken jokingly it is a sound concept that has worked well... LOL maybe instead of YOU SUCK awards we should have " Circle of Trust " awards >>

Might not be a bad idea. Im a big fan of the "positive transactions with" in the sig lines that I have seen a lot. I think if this went more "mainstream" and everyone had a few, it might have (or helped) prevent this situation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file