Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Most effective way to sell auto's?

not in to auto's at all, but have quite a few that are pretty good and am looking to sell or trade for what i do collect--looking for best option-quickest route-etc-opinions or experience needed

Example 1--- in 1970 or 71 at age 12 or so, i mailed off around 15 fan letters to diff teams asking for pics, autos, etc--cant remember much about it, anyway, the senators sent me several items and an index card signed by a Ted Williams, who i discovered was the team manager--i remember being disappointed that it was'nt a ball player, but stuck it(literally)in an album with all the other items i was beginning to get in the mail--the only other signed item i got was a pic(some type media photo, black and white around 4x6in) of Ted Kluszewski --

Example 2---auto's from collections--got 6 cut autos on green poster board--i know the story behind them, but too long to tell here--from memory they are Orlando Cepeda, Ted K again oddly enough, Bert Blyleven, PeeWee Reese, cant remember if there was another, but a couple of these were doubles--have a huge 8.5x11 color photo of Brooks Robinson, signed--etc--

there's other things, but not at home right now to look at them---should i just send everything to psa/dna?--seems expensive if i understand it correctly---any opinions are greatly appreciated--thanks

Comments

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>an index card signed by a Ted Williams, who i discovered was the team manager--i remember being disappointed that it was'nt a ball player >>

There is only 1 Ted Williams!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

MANY autos are not worth sending to PSA/DNA, if you
    plan to resell them.

Here is the relevant EBAY page:

psa/dna listings
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>MANY autos are not worth sending to PSA/DNA, if you
    plan to resell them.

Here is the relevant EBAY page:

psa/dna listings >>

Agreed, make sure the auto is worth more than the $20 or whatever PSA charges for authentication. Or you may just want to sell them as is and offer a money-back guarantee if they don't pass PSA authentication.