Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

There's so much hostility on the boards lately and I'll add that...

THERE ARE HARDLY ANY NICE COINS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET!

While I don't always agree with Laura's market reports, when she said that good coins are very few and far between in weeks earlier, she was 100% correct in stating that. I haven't been able to find much of anything in the series I'm trying to pursue.

That is all...

image

Comments

  • Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    I agree, though; discussing hostility isn't always the best way to be rid of it.

    “Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.”

    -D
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    -Aristotle

    Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

    -Horace
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura be da big fish.
  • Options


    << <i>THERE ARE HARDLY ANY NICE COINS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET!

    While I don't always agree with Laura's market reports, when she said that good coins are very few and far between in weeks earlier, she was 100% correct in stating that. I haven't been able to find much of anything in the series I'm trying to pursue.

    That is all...

    image >>




    If you are looking for toned Morgans I would be happy to sell you some image See...no hostility image
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>THERE ARE HARDLY ANY NICE COINS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET!

    While I don't always agree with Laura's market reports, when she said that good coins are very few and far between in weeks earlier, she was 100% correct in stating that. I haven't been able to find much of anything in the series I'm trying to pursue.

    That is all...

    image >>




    If you are looking for toned Morgans I would be happy to sell you some image See...no hostility image >>



    Outside of eBay? image

    And you're part of the exception to what I said. image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a new coin shop , I can say that some decent coins have come out of hiding. Not great, but better than what I had expected. It's not ALL dreck and schlock. Maybe 98%.
    My hostility is in check and feelings are so trivial to fact.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what she means by good coins; rare stuff that most of us can't afford or really nice examples of the more common stuff.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options


    << <i>

    << <i>

    << <i>THERE ARE HARDLY ANY NICE COINS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET!

    While I don't always agree with Laura's market reports, when she said that good coins are very few and far between in weeks earlier, she was 100% correct in stating that. I haven't been able to find much of anything in the series I'm trying to pursue.

    That is all...

    image >>




    If you are looking for toned Morgans I would be happy to sell you some image See...no hostility image >>



    Outside of eBay? image

    And you're part of the exception to what I said. image >>




    image
  • Options
    I am pretty sure there have always been people who swim up stream as long as there have been internet chatrooms. Now is no better or worse.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Depends on what she means by good coins; rare stuff that most of us can't afford or really nice examples of the more common stuff. >>

    I've seen this in areas she doesn't cover as well.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By good or fresh coins, dealers are implying great coins at prices too good to pass up. It has far less to do with the coin that it does the price. A lot of "good" deals come from sellers who may have not kept in touch with market pricing/demand and are relatively easy to pick off....those are the "freshest" of hens.

    roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think when dealers say there are no good coins, what it really means is, "there are no coins that I can make money on."

    This may be reflective of market conditions, the trading ability of the particular dealer, or lots of other things which have nothing to do with "no good coins available."
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I think when dealers say there are no good coins, what it really means is, "there are no coins that I can make money on."

    This may be reflective of market conditions, the trading ability of the particular dealer, or lots of other things which have nothing to do with "no good coins available." >>

    I think you might be on to something there.image

    I consider myself to be pretty demanding for the coins I pursue. Yet, I see a number (even if not a lot) of "good" and/or "fresh" ones at each show and auction I attend. However, they are usually accompanied by prices which are too high for me to feel comfortable buying them.
  • Options


    << <i>

    << <i>I think when dealers say there are no good coins, what it really means is, "there are no coins that I can make money on."

    This may be reflective of market conditions, the trading ability of the particular dealer, or lots of other things which have nothing to do with "no good coins available." >>

    I think you might be on to something there.image

    I consider myself to be pretty demanding for the coins I pursue. Yet, I see a number (even if not a lot) of "good" and/or "fresh" ones at each show and auction I attend. However, they are usually accompanied by prices which are too high for me to feel comfortable buying them. >>




    wannabe image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file