Home Precious Metals
Options

Gary North's take on auditing gold held by the Fed

derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
Excellent read on why the fed may not want an audit.

Show us the gold

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr North emerged out of his bunker after his infamous Y2K call? image

I read him from time to time but with a large grain of salt. His gold, dollar and stock market calls have been less then stellar the past few years. JMO. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    More right wing, wing nut, silly willy tinfoil hat nonsense coming from ultra right wingers. Everybody knows that without the federal reserve, a government large enough to watch over us all and help us, our having some form of military in over 100 countries and especially taxes ( smatta witchou, ya don't like roads and stuff? ) we would not be the most prosperous and free country with more opportunities now than any time in America's history for advancement.

I'm paraphrasing what some of the more educated have saidimage

• Options
    Tom, I'm sending you a first class ticket to the Libertarian Jamboree and Pillow Fight Club held on my deck in Late October. You can tap the first keg imageimageimage
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Tom, I'm sending you a first class ticket to the Libertarian Jamboree and Pillow Fight Club held on my deck in Late October. You can tap the first keg imageimageimage >>

I don't always drink beer out of a Keg, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Keg of my heart...."

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Stay thirsty my friends image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    North was out of his bunker quite a bit from 2004-2008 though he's been scarce every since. As far as I know he did call the 2008 crash successfully. In any event I have no issues with his call for a gold audit. If the books are on the up and up why all the steam rolling by the FED about proprietary gold trading secrets? So what if we buy or sell gold in the markets at time to manage currencies? That's to be expected. What's not to be expected is if we sold off the gold and never replaced it in order to "manage" the dollar's descent.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>North was out of his bunker quite a bit from 2004-2008 though he's been scarce every since. As far as I know he did call the 2008 crash successfully. In any event I have no issues with his call for a gold audit. If the books are on the up and up why all the steam rolling by the FED about proprietary gold trading secrets? So what if we buy or sell gold in the markets at time to manage currencies? That's to be expected. What's not to be expected is if we sold off the gold and never replaced it in order to "manage" the dollar's descent.

roadrunner >>

I was a subscriber until last year. His calls were ill timed but that's not why I was subscribing.

Regardless, I'm 100% on board with a gold audit as previously stated and debated. MJ