Home Sports Talk
Options

How bout the K.C. Chiefs?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
3-0 for the first time in a long time and with a 2 game lead over everyone else in the AFC West, including the vaunted Chargers [not than anyone outside of K.C., Denver, Oakland and San Diego cares about the AFC Westimage].

The barbeque joints and steakhouses in K.C. must be jumpin with Chiefs' fever.

Since the Broncos appear to be mediocre once again, I say "Hail To The Chiefs"; and hope that if Denver falls flat that the Chiefs take the AFC West crown this year.

Comments

• Options
    I must say that as a Chiefs fan I've been fairly impressed so far this year. It's been a long time since we've had a winning record this late into the season. image I'm trying to stay realistic but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm still not convinced we will ever go anywhere with Cassel at the healm, though.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McCluster has been a big reason for KC's resurgence...the rookie keeps making big plays.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>McCluster has been a big reason for KC's resurgence...the rookie keeps making big plays. >>

Him, Arenas, Thomas Jones, the offensive line isn't horrible like the past couple of years, and Derrick Johnson playing well are all big differences from last year.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    We might be looking at a top three running game in the league with this team. If Cassell can just not be terrible and not put their defense in bad situations, that is a formular for winning all season long.

Love that young defense! Seems like everyone is maturing at a high rate right now. Flowers and Hali reaching their potential will make this team formiddable for years to come.
  • Options
    Brandon Freaking Flowers....nuff said
  • Options
    It's been a long freakin' time since there was a buzz about the Chiefs in KC. People here seem to have football fever, again. It's nice. image
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm still not convinced we will ever go anywhere with Cassel at the healm, though. >>

Who is this CASSEL that you speak of? I thought Len Dawson was still QB'ing for the Chiefs!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm still not convinced we will ever go anywhere with Cassel at the healm, though. >>

Who is this CASSEL that you speak of? I thought Len Dawson was still QB'ing for the Chiefs! >>

I'm pretty sure Dawson is STILL a better QB.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    Cardinal T206 cards
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Cassell is good. Last year he spent over half the game running from the defense, getting sacked 8 times a game, and still threw at least a TD in the 4th quarter of every game. '09 wasn't a good year...but most of those loses were by a few points...unlike the seasons previous.

Still pretty amazing. The Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.