Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

12 hours until my heart surgery.... :(

Comments

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Paul, we will pray for a safe and speedy recovery.

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping for the best!

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    your going to miss the FUn show for that image

Oh here's a toner for you buddy!!!

• Options
    One of my Gallery Mint Museum pieces, featuring the Greek god of medicine and doctors:

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartfelt best wishes Paul................MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the brotherhood of the knife. Had my second in June this year. Hang in there and I wish you the best of luck. Here is one of my set from my birth year. Photos by Mark Goodman, wish I had taken them---yeh right.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    While I do not know you my prayers and thoughts will be there for you. I've been there and done that so I know, somewhat, how you feel right now. When it's all over you are going to feel much better.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Please talk to your doctor and make sure you are getting some strong pain meds. Too many people suffer needlessly after heart surgery because their doctors don't give them adequate pain medication. Other than that, you'll be fine. I had bypass in 97 and I'm doing fine.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Best of Luck to you Kid!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes. My mother had 5 bypasses back in 1999 and is still chugging along.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    best wishes and speedy recovery, image strong will =strong heart
    COINHUNTER
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

I sure hope all goes well, and a quick recovery...Best wishes....Joe
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot everyone, it really means a lot!! There were some really awesome coins posted so far! Here's one of mine to keep it going!

And as far as my surgery goes, I met the surgeon today and he seems like a really good guy. The surgery I'm having, a pulmonary valve replacement (Or rather, putting one in because I don't have one now), has a >99% success rate, so i'm sure I'll be fine. It's still extremely stressful though, obviously, and will be compounded by the fact that my final exams will be the same week as the surgery...But it needs to be done, so oh well...Also, this will be my 3rd heart surgery...I had a shunt put in when I was 10 weeks old, and had my pulmonary valve sewn open when I was 1, which led to the need for this surgery...

-Paul
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options

Another nice rainbow toner:

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My granddaughter had a section of her aorta removed because it was too narrow, in her first day on earth. Best wishes to you.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    You are gonna do great and I will put you on the prayer list just to make sure.

You didn't say what kind of heart surgery, but, my dad had bypass surgery on June 4th and turned 79 on September 3rd. No problems and he said he"hasn't felt this good in a long time."

Here is a nice little toner for ya'.

Mike
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Dude, Paul, bummer news. I will have to check if I have a toner in my Photobucket archives, but ya know I don't do that sorta thing much!

I know everything will go well and I'll be praying for your speedy recovery imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Winston! No worries, post a nice cud instead! I'm just bummed that I *most likely* won't be going to FUN. I talked to my rents though, and they seemed willing to drive me down there if I'm up to it, so I could end up going. image

And Mike, Thanks a lot! I had Tetrology of Fallot as a baby, and they simply sewed open my pulmonary. They now know that leads to a decrease in function as the back-flow enlarges the right ventricle. My ventricle is quite enlarged, but it's pumping like a champ. This surgery is a preemptive measure to keep it that way by inserting a new pulmonary valve to stop that back-flow.

-Paul
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well!! image

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>=/

-Paul >>

postpone it until after the Holidays
  • Options
    Good luck with the surgery Paul !

Hey, If you're getting cardiovascular (CV) stents, the good news is they're made of Platinum image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nickel tones so cool sometimes.
    imageimage
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walking never hurts a man.

This is the Wide AM specimen.
    And speaking of AM, that's a nice time to take a walk and breathe fresh air.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

<< <i>Walking never hurts a man.

This is the Wide AM specimen.
    And speaking of AM, that's a nice time to take a walk and breathe fresh air. >>

I work out for 2 hours or so 3 times a week. image

-Paul
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, it will all turn out great! You'll be so happy with the results. Stay close to friends and family.

Speaking of which...

Here's a nice coin that arrived in the mail today from TennesseeDave, bought on BST.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • Options
    I have never been into toners much but jesbroken posted a 48-D from his birthyear set, allow mw to do the same.
    My prayers will be with you Paul.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's that nice toner your ordered to take your mind off of the upcoming surgery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Paul,
    Dave

• Options
    Good luck on your surgery. Are you getting a tissue valve or a mechanical one? I have had a mechanical mitral valve for over 20 years now and it is still working just fine. The predicted mean time between failures is estimated at 300 years.
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck on your surgery. Are you getting a tissue valve or a mechanical one? I have had a mechanical mitral valve for over 20 years now and it is still working just fine. The predicted mean time between failures is estimated at 300 years. >>

I'm getting a tissue one. Either a human, pig, or cow...Apparently it depends on what he sees when he gets in there. I don't want to be on coumadin, so mechanical is out of the question.

Some nice toners guys! I really like that Bust Half!!

-Paul
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go. Hope the surgery goes well and you can make it to FUN, which would be a rather impressive recovery.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck with everything!

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to you.
  • Options
    I dont know how to scan or link or post photos , however I can understand your situation .
    October 8 1999 , I had my aortic valve replaced . In about a week , I will be starting my 11 th
    year . (I am 63) So with me being a bunch of pounds overweight , little exersice , enjoy beer
    and wine , and take medication , I can see you being apprehensive . But I figure you dont
    have my bad habits , you will be - OK -
    Home of quality widgets
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, I think I met you at FUN last year. I was with Mike Hayes and Winston.

Hope everything goes well and you make it to Fun.image
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Here's to a speedy recovery!

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best, Paul...

ABimage

imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck I will be thinking about you. Here is one from my Registry Set of a few years back, originally bought raw. Always will be one of my personal favorites. image

imageimage
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    Hey guys. My surgery's getting closer (December 9th), and it reminded me of this thread. Thanks everyone for the kind words and awesome coins! I'll be having my parents update my Facebook to let my friends know how everything went, and since some of those friends are board members, I'm sure they'll update everyone here while I'm pumped full of morphine. lol

Nice Barber Glenn! Love that reverse!

-Paul
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. I pray for a speedy and full recovery.

Tough to photograph this one, but it is pretty.

imageimage
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Stay + and all will go well.

• Options
    Paulie, you have a great heart already...I can't believe it needs fixing image

I'll help spread the word here on your speedy recovery image
  • Options

<< <i>Paulie, you have a great heart already...I can't believe it needs fixing image

I'll help spread the word here on your speedy recovery image >>

Thanks Winston, but call me Paulie again and...well....it won't be good. =D

-Paul
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, Be thankful you live in the day and age that you do. Doctors these days can do wonders. Be strong, brother....Mike

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your positive thoughts guys! The surgery is a week away, but I'm not allowing myself to freak out, especially because I still have to take all four of my finals. I would like to give an especially big thanks to Winston (STONE) who sent me a really neat gift. It's a broken SLQ counterfeit that represents my broken heart. LOL. Thanks again guys!

-Paul
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks so much for your positive thoughts guys! The surgery is a week away, but I'm not allowing myself to freak out, especially because I still have to take all four of my finals. I would like to give an especially big thanks to Winston (STONE) who sent me a really neat gift. It's a broken SLQ counterfeit that represents my broken heart. LOL. Thanks again guys!

-Paul >>

It was perfect, I just hope it wasn't too mean image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file