Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

New rare coin offerings from Mark Feld/Coinguy1 - large images

Below, please find my new list of coins. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

CENTS:

On Hold 1857 Flying Eagle Cent NGC MS64 $1100
A clean, well struck "Flyer" with pleasing color. The only imperfection worthy of mention is a carbon fleck on the lower left side of the wreath on the reverse. Please note that it is less conspicuous in hand, than in the large image.

TWO CENT PIECES:

1864 Large Motto Two Cent Piece PCGS MS64BN $255
Uncommonly glossy and appealing, both for the grade and the color designation.

THREE CENT SILVERS:

1866 Three Cent Silver NGC/CAC PR66 $2200
A deeply reflective, flashy and very attractively toned example, offering a lot of visual appeal for such a small coin (or a larger one, for that matter). From an original mintage of just 725 pieces.

HALF DIMES:

1838 No Drapery Seated Liberty Half Dime PCGS/CAC MS63 $400
MS63's don't usually look this good. So I offer my thanks to the client who previously bought this coin from me, for thinking of me when he decided to pare down his collection.

1853 Arrows Seated Liberty Half Dime PCGS/CAC MS65 $1725
Sharp and lustrous, with gorgeous rose and sea-green hues adding considerably to the eye-appeal. When I was looking at this coin prior to purchasing it, I thought it looked familiar. So I did a bit of research, and sure enough, it turns out that I owned it previously. I loved it then and I love it now.

1873 Legend Obverse Seated Liberty Half Dime PCGS/CAC PR64 $800
Here is another coin which I just reacquired from a client. You might not know his name if I told you what it was, but you should recognize another previous owner - Louis Eliasberg.

DIMES:

1856 Stars Obverse Seated Liberty Dime PCGS/CAC MS63 $525
Light to medium depth patina graces each side of this well struck specimen. A few scattered marks account for the assigned grade.

1886 Legend Obverse Seated Liberty Dime PCGS/CAC PR64 $875
Highly brilliant, faintly toned obverse, with a reverse with more pronounced patina. Each side displays a bit of cameo contrast, with that seen on the obverse being more obvious. Two sets of images have been provided, in order to give viewers a better perspective. Impressive quality for the grade.

1906 Barber Dime PCGS PR65 $1750
The example herein offered features a deeply, attractively toned obverse and a gently toned reverse. The obverse is considerably more colorful and appealing looking than can be seen in the accompanying image (especially the fields), and the reverse patina is a bit more subtle, as well. This coin bespeaks originality. From an original mintage of 675 pieces.

1942/1 Mercury Dime PCGS AU53 $1200
The 1942/1 over-date has always been one of my favorite mint errors. This particular example is quite unusual and desirable looking, owing to the beautiful, fiery multicolored toning seen about portions of the obverse. The color is a bit lighter, but even prettier, in hand.

QUARTERS:

1899 Barber Quarter PCGS PR64 $1175
Beautifully toned in a blend of blue, green and rose on the obverse and sea-green, electric blue and golden-orange on the reverse.

1915-D Barber Quarter PCGS MS65 $1000
This issue trades as a common date, though its MS65 PCGS population is 121 compared to 305 for the last-year-of-issue 1916-D. At first glance, it is not particularly impressive looking. But tilt and rotate it slightly under a light and you will see vibrant luster and nice color. The surfaces are extremely clean, as well.

On Hold 1929-D Standing Liberty Quarter PCGS MS65+ $650
This coin was just sold to a want list client, but I thought you might enjoy the view.

HALF DOLLARS:

1832 Capped Bust Half Dollar NGC MS62 $1250
This coin was once dipped, as evidenced by the mostly-white surfaces. But fortunately, it still possesses vibrant luster and displays colorful peripheral toning, from subsequent storage in an album. The gentleman I acquired it from indicated that it had been tucked away in a collection for more than twenty years and had recently been graded. I think it looks like an MS66 in the images (which do not show some very light hairlines), but please don't expect an MS66 coin in an MS62 holder. Still, it has loads of eye-appeal and a wonderful overall appearance.

1836 Reeded Edge Half Dollar NGC XF45 $4625
I bought this coin out of an auction and had to pay AU money for it. I can’t say I was the least bit surprised, as it looks like a solid AU to me. I plan to leave it in its current NGC "fatty" holder and hope that its next owner will do the same. But that, of course, will be up to whomever that is. It is sharply detailed, lustrous and boasts lovely iridescent patina in shades of violet, pink and gold, over problem-free surfaces. A wonderful representative of this scarce and popular date and type.

1838 Reeded Edge Capped Bust Half Dollar NGC/CAC AU58 $950
While this date is certainly not nearly as rare as the 1836 above, this still a relatively scarce issue. It is generally very well struck, possesses plenty of luster, along with clean surfaces, and displays just the faintest hint of rub. This is one of those Bust coins which might not have seen any actual circulation. Either way, it is superior to and more desirable than many higher grade offerings.

1894 Barber Half Dollar PCGS PR63 $1275
Ex Benson collection, featuring the trademark light centers, framed by colorful peripheral toning. Hairlines limit the assigned grade, but certainly not the eye-appeal. This is the third time I have been pleased to handle this particular coin.

On Hold 1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar PCGS MS66 $260
Delicately toned, with silky-smooth surfaces.

TRADE DOLLARS:

1876 Trade Dollar PCGS MS63 $2175
I don't have this one back in hand yet, though I bought it back from a client who already shipped it. My recollection is that it is a little bit lighter and more lustrous than can be seen in the images. I will update this description after the coin arrives and I add my new offerings from this list to my website.

SILVER DOLLARS:

1871 Motto Seated Liberty Dollar PCGS/CAC MS63 $5000
This is one of the more attractive looking Seated Dollars of any grade, that I have seen recently. Most are either yucky dipped-white or dark and ugly, and/or are peppered with distracting bag-marks. This one, is a most pleasant exception, with its clean, lustrous surfaces, highlighted by pale rose and gold patina. Housed in an older green label PCGS holder. I believe that one could search for a finer/better looking MS63 for a very long time and not have any success.

1882-S Morgan Dollar PCGS/CAC MS67 $900
A superb example, featuring glowing luster and pleasing patina, which is slightly more subtle in person. This one has just the right look to it.

SILVER COMMEMORATIVES:

Lincoln NGC MS66 $700
This highly colorful Lincoln looks very similar to how it appears in the accompanying images. In hand, it is slightly lighter and more lustrous. and it sure seems like a lot of coin and color for the price.

Monroe PCGS/CAC MS65 $1900
This is a TOUGH issue to locate with toning that is other than drab and/or ugly. And, while this one is by no means, beautiful, it is somewhat colorful and attractive. It is, at the same time, highly original looking and superior to many MS65's that I have seen.

On Hold Pan Pac NGC MS64 $900
There are some areas of lighter, prettier steel-blue, rose and purple color on both sides, which cannot be seen in the images. If you think it looks OK (I do) or better in the images, you will probably really like it, once you have it in-hand.

On Hold Roanoke PCGS/CAC MS67 $875
Creamy luster and delicate, yet colorful toning combine to give this Roanoke a great overall appearance.

1934 Texas PCGS/CAC MS66 $500
Take a peek at the obverse image and see if you can figure out why I had to have this coin?

GOLD

On Hold 1926 Sesqui $2.50 PCGS MS65 $3100
Rich golden-orange color adds to the personality and appeal of this pristine looking Sesqui Quarter Eagle.

1889 Gold Dollar PCGS/CAC MS65 $2000
Traces of pale violet and steel-blue patina can be seen on each side.

1834 Classic $2.50 NGC/CAC AU53 $1275
Well struck, with enticing semi-prooflike surfaces which do not show up in the images. Rich in color, lustrous and quite appealing looking.

1904 Liberty $2.50 PCGS/CAC MS66 $2625
Sharply struck, with most design details bold. Highly original looking in its appearance, with delicate color on both obverse and reverse. For whatever reason, MS66's of this type trade at relatively modest premiums over the price of MS65's, and, on a relative basis, seem like a better value.

On Hold 1910-D $10 Indian PCGS MS63 $1300
Even with gold at all-time highs, some of the generic gold type coins such as this, are down considerably in price, from where they have traded previously. That's the time I feel comfortable buying and selling them. This date is listed in the CDN at approximately a 10% premium over the common/type, represented by the dates 1926 and 1932. And, based on the PCGS populations, at least, that price difference seems justified. The MS63 population of the 1910-D is 1,916, VS. 8,783 and 14,940, respectively, for the 1926 and 1932. This one displays orange-gold color and looks to be original.

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1934 Texas PCGS/CAC MS66 $500
    Take a peek at the obverse image and see if you can figure out why I had to have this coin? >>

I've seen this 34 TX in hand at a show earlier this year and the obverse central strike is way above average... Nice fingers and knee! image

Though first issue TX type to find with color too.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    wow, great coins Mark!

i never see 1942/1 Mercs with color

also, just to be clear does the 1873 proof half dime have the pedigree on the slab label? thanks

www.brunkauctions.com