Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New 2010 Panda Coins Mark World's Largest IPO

A pair of Gold and silver Panda coins have been issued by the People's Bank of China. The two coins are a 10 Yuan 1 oz. silver and a 100 Yuan 1/4 oz. goild coin. Each coin has the legend, "In Commemoration of the Listing of the Agricultural Bank of China Co., Ltd." in both English and Chinese on it. Mintages are 70,000 silver coins and 60,000 gold coins. China Gold Coin Incorporation is the sole distributor.

I expect that each of these commemorative issues not only gives collectors some new coins to acquire but helps to expand the popularity of Panda coins in China. No doubt many recipients of this stock market Panda are among the country's wealthiest investors. More information is posted on Pandacollector.com.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
http://www.pandacollector.com

Comments

• Options
    Now if I could get a hold of a HK dist an get me some of these image

Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, I was in a local shop the other day asking to buy Panda's. The Shop owner told me that only (1) company in the USA ia allowed to import them. I knew this but the dealer also told me it was illegal for an individual to buy Panda's from China and have them shipped to the US. Is this true?

Just wondering, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    There are actually two USA importers for Pandas; PandaAmerica is the best known one. There are no current restrictions on shipping Pandas from China. Your dealer may be thinking of a law that was changed in 2002.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    http://www.pandacollector.com

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    So all we need to do is find someone who speaks Chinese to call a shop in China to order one if they a cheaper this route or off to Panda America. Great news.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a "PANDA CONSORTIUM" where a group of us find a Hong Kong contact who can secure coins for us and ship them to us directly thus elimaniting the middle man, image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)