Home Sports Talk
Options

Brian Kelly era off to a rough start at ND

Some people thought they would be competing for a national championship this year, that
was overly optimistic of course. A few years from now they might be more competitive but
this isn't their year at 1-3.

Comments

• Options
    Seems like every year they say the Irish will compete for a National Championship. They could be 0-12 the year before and people would still say that.Real Men of not so Genius
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    ND has had a tough schedule so far.

Keep in mind when they lost to Michigan, Michigan St, and Standford, those teams we all ranked when they played.

-brian
  • Options

<< <i>ND has had a tough schedule so far.

Keep in mind when they lost to Michigan, Michigan St, and Standford, those teams we all ranked when they played.

-brian >>

Correction. Michigan was not ranked until after they played. Hope this helps. image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some people thought they would be competing for a national championship this year, that
    was overly optimistic of course. A few years from now they might be more competitive but
    this isn't their year at 1-3. >>

Nobody said that they would compete for a National Title especially after they lost Classen and Tate on offense.
  • Options
    "Nobody said that they would compete for a National Title especially after they lost Classen and Tate on offense."

Not true, I read it somewhere but I can't remember the source.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Nobody said that they would compete for a National Title especially after they lost Classen and Tate on offense."

Not true, I read it somewhere but I can't remember the source. >>

You have to be kidding us.

-b
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Nobody said that they would compete for a National Title especially after they lost Classen and Tate on offense."

Not true, I read it somewhere but I can't remember the source. >>

I don't think ND was even ranked.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Some people thought they would be competing for a national championship this year, that

Nobody said that they would compete for a National Title especially after they lost Classen and Tate on offense. >>

Exactly. NO ONE thought Notre Dame would compete for a national title this year. Sometime during Kelly's tenure? Sure, maybe. But this year? Not a chance. I guarantee not a single broadcaster or writer on any national level said they would compete for a national title. Not one.

Tabe
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put in Joe Montana's son as the starting QB and gridiron glory will return to South Bend.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nobody said that they would compete for a National Title especially after they lost Classen and Tate on offense. >>

Exactly. NO ONE thought Notre Dame would compete for a national title this year. Sometime during Kelly's tenure? Sure, maybe. But this year? Not a chance. I guarantee not a single broadcaster or writer on any national level said they would compete for a national title. Not one.

Tabe >>

Not even I thought they would win a National title, and I've bled Irish since I was born. I'm a self admitted bigger Notre Dame homer than Lou Holtz, LOL. Before the season, I was rooting for a .500 season and still believe that is doable. They are not as bad as their record indicates. Played close to half the game against Michigan with the third string QB and was still only one play away from beating them, and was one play away against Michigan St. and got beat by a schoolyard play. Stanford just flat out beat their rear. ND could just as easily be 3-1 as opposed to 1-3.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>Put in Joe Montana's son as the starting QB and gridiron glory will return to South Bend. >>

He had his chance and failed miserably against Michigan. Didn't have the presence of a leader. Keep him on the bench.

Mike
  • Options
    Sorry, double post
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Put in Joe Montana's son as the starting QB and gridiron glory will return to South Bend. >>

He had his chance and failed miserably against Michigan. Didn't have the presence of a leader. Keep him on the bench.

Mike >>

For this year, agreed. Who knows what he'll look like next year. Denard Robinson certainly didn't look like belonged last year...

Tabe
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ND has had a tough schedule so far.

WOW! Notre Dame and tough schedule are seldom seen in the same sentence. Unless, of course, someone is asking when will Notre Dame finally play a tough schedule. Theirs is probably more difficult than Boise's, but not by much. They play Michigan, who is usually good but has been down lately, and USC who is decent but nothing special now that they have quit paying their players. OTOH, Stanford's program is on the rise. I bet Harbaugh will not be there long.