Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1950-56 Callahan - NRMT set with Original Box

Looking for offers on a rare original set of 1950-56 Callahan cards in superb NRMT or better condition. Purchased as a boxed set in 1955 and recently re-discovered by the original owner, all cards have been carefully removed from the original box and placed into Card Saver I's. Set includes Dimaggio, Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb etc. etc. and nearly all the short print variations (except the Chandler card and a couple of the more common variation cards). In total there are 87 different cards out of the 91 card master (w/variations) set. Pictures and additional details available upon request.

Asking $1200 or best offer.

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sale. I'm not interested in buying it, but that sounds like a neat set. Would love to see some pictures just to see the cards and box, but I understand if you don't want to mess with it since I'm not buying anyway.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    pm sent
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    This is one of my favorite "odd ball" sets from the 50s. It has never been my desire to complete it, but I have collected my favorite players from this set. It is amazing to hear about the original box. image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options

<< <i>This is one of my favorite "odd ball" sets from the 50s. It has never been my desire to complete it, but I have collected my favorite players from this set. It is amazing to hear about the original box. image >>

Same here. Love that set...particularly the artwork.
    1930's-1950's Cleveland Indians Collector.
  • Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Set has been sold...thanks!