Home Sports Talk
Options

Texans favored by 3 over Cowboys

"Must win", "backs are to the wall" etc. the cliches keep coming but I think it
is fair to say that the Cowboys season is on the line here as far as making the playoffs (not that great anyway at 0-2 but 0-3 is
much worse). Should be an interesting game. 1 PM Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Texans!!!!!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Jerry Jones might implode his stadium if they go 0-3!?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Go Texans!!!!! >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as a point of history......the Cowboys started the season 0-2 the year they stomped a mudhole in the Bills in the Super Bowl for their 4th Super Bowl win.......and the Bills 4th Super Bowl defeat.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as a point of history......the Cowboys started the season 0-2 the year they stomped a mudhole in the Bills in the Super Bowl for their 4th Super Bowl win.......and the Bills 4th Super Bowl defeat.

That Cowboy team was without the services of E. Smith who held out the first two games due to a contract dispute. And M. Barber and/or F. Jones is E. Smith not...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Cowboys go 0 - 3 this weekend.

Guaranteed. image
  • Options

<< <i>

That Cowboy team was without the services of E. Smith who held out the first two games due to a contract dispute. And M. Barber and/or F. Jones is E. Smith not... >>

Romo / No Aikman WR corp / No Irvin O-line / A big NOTTT! Wade Phillips / No Jimmy Johnson are you staring to see a pattern here?

Dimeman I thought we discused this in the other thread?

• Options

I know Romo is no Aikman. But he is as good as most out there.

I know Barber is no E. Smith. But he is very good.

I know this O-line is not as good as the one Smith ran behind.

But even with all of this Dallas has enough talent to play with any team out there today.

Another thing...have you noticed that Dallas is # 1 in offense and #4 in defense and are 0-2, which to me means they beat themselves!!

They may or may not win this weekend. They have the talent to, but with Phillips and his numbnuts OC anything is possible.

And I just love they way you Cowboy haters are so quick to call an end to the Cowboy dynasty because of a poor start on a season.

They could probably loose all 16 for 3 or 4 seasons and still have a better overall record than the team next to them now.

Like the guy said before......there is nothing but dribble on this forum!!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thread!!

how about one more about the Cowboys sucking??? Who's with me???
  • Options

Here is some more FACTS for you Cowboy haters.

Dallas has more fans out side Dallas than any other team by a long shot!

Dallas sells more team gear than any other team by a long long shot!

And by the way billwaltonbeard.....who is your team......or are you just a blow hard Cowboy hater trying to pick a time to talk smack!!!!image
  • Options
    Don't cry little buddy! We have more fans outside Dallas than any other team, and we sell more team gear too!

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I just love they way you Cowboy haters are so quick to call an end to the Cowboy dynasty because of a poor start on a season.

How many playoff wins since 1996?

Yup, that's a dynasty.... image

Another indictment of the American educational system. image

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

I love the way you start with 1996 to pick a dynasty. Probably because Dallas won the Super Bowl 3 out of the 4 years prior to that.

And a eaglett fan has a lot of nerve talking smack to a Cowboy fan..........you have NEVER had anything close to a good team much less a dynasty.

Yes, the Cowboys are a dynasty over the history of the NFL sense the Super Bowl. We've been in more of them than anyone else.

So don't talk smack to me until there is somebody with more and a better overall record!!!
  • Options
    Texan's at home +3?

Money would go on the Texans in my opinion. watch it happen.
  • Options
    Note to Dimeman: Stop regurgitating about all the distant past Cowboy successes like a fat girl showing off her skinny pictures...this is 2010...welcome to the here & now, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is some more FACTS for you Cowboy haters.

According to espn.com, Pittsburgh has the best fans in the nfl citing they have sold out every home game since 1972. Pittsburgh also has the most traveling fans at away games. Out of 122 teams in the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA, The Steelers were voted the most popular team and also has the most female fans in the NFL.

Dallas sells more team gear than any other team by a long long shot!

>>

. It changes from year to year. In 2006, Pittsburgh sold the most merchandise.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    stevek "guarantees" over the last several years have been great news for Cowboy fans. Thanks again for the help.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cowboys go 0 - 3 this weekend.

Guaranteed. image >>

• Options

Don't forget the walton beard guy. Houston by 3 was a lock! Must have come unlocked.

And grote...your something else. You and your here and now.....I guess the only good team is the Saints......wait....Dallas stomped a mudhole in them last year for their first loss. IS THAT RECENT ENOUGH FOR YA!!!!!image

And your spam "Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since the internet...........guess the internet started after last winter when we stomped the eagletts for the 3rd time of the year!! image
  • Options

<< <i>stevek "guarantees" over the last several years have been great news for Cowboy fans. Thanks again for the help.image >>

You're welcome. LOL

BTW: Cowboys are still 1 - 2, and that's still good news. LOL
  • Options
    Dimeman, you sound more moronic with every post...even your fellow Cowboy fans are mocking you half the time, but you're too clueless to realize that apparently.

Congrats on the win, btw..image

Edit: No one cares but you about a regular season win over the Saints last season...that win was meaningless to both Dallas and NO, and I doubt anyone even thinks about it but you. LOL..

• Options

grote your the boneheaded clueless one here......and you bore me!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    grote your the boneheaded clueless one here......and you bore me!!!!!!!!

Ooooh, what a stinging comeback!

BTW: It's "you're" not "your"

• Options

Thanks for the grammar tip...............good to know that you know something about something.......certainly not football!image
  • Options

Guaranteed. image >>

Had I seen this, would have known it was over before it even started.

Congrats to the team that plays in Arlington.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

Guaranteed. image >>

Had I seen this, would have known it was over before it even started. >>

They didn't even need to play the game. LOL
  • Options
    grote, I know this will probably get you going on calling me names again.

But I disagree that the Dallas win over the Saints last season meant nothing to either team.

The Saints were undefeated going into that game and wanted to stay that way. And Dallas needed to win to keep up with the Eagles to win the NFC East and go into the playoffs.
  • Options
    The Saints were undefeated going into that game and wanted to stay that way. And Dallas needed to win to keep up with the Eagles to win the NFC East and go into the playoffs.

At the time, the win may have been significant for Dallas, but in retrospect it means nothing because the Saints won the Super Bowl.

• Options
    I'll agree with that.

It's just always nice to be the team to give somebody their first loss that deep into the season.

The Cowboys had a pretty good season last year until that fateful day in Minnesota.
  • Options

It's just always nice to be the team to give somebody their first loss that deep into the season.

The Cowboys had a pretty good season last year until that fateful day in Minnesota.

Agreed. I would feel a bit differently about that loss if it were the Saints' only loss, but they lost their last 3.

The Jets also were the first team to beat the Colts last year under similar conditions, but the Colts obviously didn't care about that game having clinched the #1 seed throughout the playoffs.

Much as I dislike them, I do tip my cap to the Patriots the year they went 16-0...even though they lost the Super Bowl, they were actively going for that perfect season, which I'd love to see it happen one day if only to finally shut up those '72 Fish, LOL..

• Options

The 72 fish were a good team, but not as good as they think they are. 14 game season and they couldn't have played with any of they major teams of this time period.

JMHO
  • Options

<< <i>

Agreed. I would feel a bit differently about that loss if it were the Saints' only loss, but they lost their last 3.

The Jets also were the first team to beat the Colts last year under similar conditions, but the Colts obviously didn't care about that game having clinched the #1 seed throughout the playoffs.

Much as I dislike them, I do tip my cap to the Patriots the year they went 16-0...even though they lost the Super Bowl, they were actively going for that perfect season, which I'd love to see it happen one day if only to finally shut up those '72 Fish, LOL.. >>

Agreed. It was a great run. Even though i was rooting for the underdog Giants. I hate when teams quit playing after they clinched home field. It cheats the fans.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 72 fish were a good team, but not as good as they think they are. 14 game season and they couldn't have played with any of they major teams of this time period.

JMHO >>

The perfect record is really misleading. Their schedule sucked:

8-6
    1-13
    7-7
    7-7
    4-9-1
    4-9-1
    5-9
    4-9-1
    3-11
    7-7
    4-9-1
    3-11
    8-6
    5-9

Yes, the playoff wins were against much-better teams (10-4, 11-3, 11-3) but let's not delude ourselves into thinking the Dolphins went through a murderers' row to go 14-0 in the first place. The Patriots' achievement of going 16-0, winning by an average of 20 pts per game, is waaaaaaaaaay more impressive.

Tabe
  • Options
    Tabe, I agree with you.

I didn't realize how poor all the teams were that year against the fish.

That's pathetic !!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The 72 fish were a good team, but not as good as they think they are. 14 game season and they couldn't have played with any of they major teams of this time period.

JMHO >>

The perfect record is really misleading. Their schedule sucked:

8-6
    1-13
    7-7
    7-7
    4-9-1
    4-9-1
    5-9
    4-9-1
    3-11
    7-7
    4-9-1
    3-11
    8-6
    5-9

Tabe >>

No wonder how they went undefeated. Out of 14 games only 2 teams had winning records.
  • Options
    Basically: 72 Dolphins= Boise State.

I still love the 'Phins though and you can't say those Dolphin teams weren't pretty dang good.
  • Options
    Can we let this thread die, please?