Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1953 Bowman Black and White Set

Please enter you comments on the 1953 Bowman Black & White set on our 53 Color Bowman thread.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options
    I had a few black and white 53 Bowman cards several years ago - I traded a few of them to somebody on here for a 1953 Bowman Color #1 Davey Williams - sent it in and it graded a PSA 6. I was happy with that and I think he was happy with his cards too. I bought a few more 53 Bowman Color cards from a friend that had a card shop and sent them in to PSA and I got two PSA 8's, some 7's and 6's with a few 7 and 8 OC's. Ended up with 16 graded cards that puts me at #45 on the 1953 Bowman Color set registry. I knew the cards that graded OC would end up as such but they were just too nice not to grade - sharp edges and corners with like new surfaces. Someday maybe I can continue on that set.
    Rick (guess this was supposed to go on a different post - sorry)
    "I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
    Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Yes there are may OC in the 53 color but like you say they still look good.Even the low grade ones have eye appeal.I sold 8 of them none higher than a 2 did not make any money but thats not the reason I am in this hobby.It just shows that collectors are looking for these cards.None were stars.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)