Home Sports Talk
Options

Yankees will never make it to the World Series in this 2010 season

stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Yankees will get clipped in the AL playoffs - that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Comments

• Options
    That's not really going out on a limb. And you could say the same about any team making the playoffs in the new system where 8 teams get in. That first round is especially hard, a best of 5 series...you really can't afford to have one bad game. BTW...I'm betting The Yanks win it all. The best record in the majors didn't happen by accident :-)
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    That is a bold claim. Don't look now but Minnesota has tied them for the best record in AL with 10 games to go.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Yankees are going to get knocked out in the first round in 4 games.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yankees are going to get knocked out in the first round in 4 games.

Mike >>

Ballsy considering they'll be playing the Rangers. The boys from Texas don't have a particularly strong record when it comes to October...
  • Options

<< <i>

Mike >>

Ballsy considering they'll be playing the Rangers. The boys from Texas don't have a particularly strong record when it comes to October... >>

You are right, they don't, but past history goes out the window once the games start. It'll be a whole new ballgame. I like the Rangers chances.

If Yankees don't get their act together, they'll be playing the Twins anyway.

Mike
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭
    I don't see the Rangers having a particularly strong end to their season either. For 2+ months they've received nothing from the entire infield.

Post All-Star break

Kinsler - .254/.329/.408
    M.Young - .258/.302/.394
    Andrus - .248/.318/.274
    B.Molina - .215/.260/.297
    Cantu - .203/.263/.270
    Moreland - .242/.342/.395

Couple that with broken ribs for Hamilton and that's a lot of pressure on the starters. Seeing that this is the maiden post-season voyage for Lewis and Wilson....advantage Empire.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Vlad has a strong back...
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the Reds will win it all!! I put 50.00 on them in april at 30to1
    They can do it@!!
  • Options

Mike >>

I should have qualified my statement at the time, that it was predicated on the Yankees playing the Rangers. It was not meant to apply to the Twins/Yankees series. I truly didn't believe the Yankees would choke like they did, and not win their own division. So, I would like to revise my statement to read as follows:

Yankees are going to get knocked out in the ALCS in 6 games. image

Mike
  • Options
    I just saw where the bookies are offering 1,000,000 to 1 odds on the Yankees making it to the World Series. I know the Yankees don't have a chance, but I was still surprised to see the possible payoff that high.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

Mike >>

Let there be some justice in the world!

The Twins will need to score about eight runs per game to win the series, but I'm sayin' there is a chance. image
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    Yankees will win the ALDS in 3 or 4 games.

Twins will score less than 2 runs against Sabathia in Game 1. Mauer will bat under .200 for the series and 0-for with RISP. Gardenhire will go through about 3 or 4 crates of adult diapers. I hope we can see Thome crush a homer at Target Field- that will make me happy. image
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Up 6-4 now in Game One. CC struggled, Lariano looked great but the Yankee bats came through...so far.
  • Options
    Prediction wasn't looking too bad until the start of the 8th inning. LOL

Oh, well, if the Rangers don't make it, and if the Phillies make it to the WS, it will be much more satisying to kick the Yankees arse anyway.

• Options

<< <i>

I should have qualified my statement at the time, that it was predicated on the Yankees playing the Rangers. It was not meant to apply to the Twins/Yankees series. I truly didn't believe the Yankees would choke like they did, and not win their own division. So, I would like to revise my statement to read as follows:

Mike >>

Just call me Nostradamus Navarro image

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mike >>

Just call me Nostradamus Navarro image

Mike >>

Good call...you didn't happen to also call the Phillies in 7 games versus the Giants did ya? image
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>Yankees will never make it to the World Series in this 2010 season >>

Neither will the Phillies. They will lose at home in their typical losing record fashion.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yankees will never make it to the World Series in this 2010 season >>

Neither will the Phillies. They will lose at home in their typical losing record fashion. >>

You could turn out to be right, but the Phillies this season had the best record in MLB.

About the "most losses" - yes they do but that is also a testament to their longevity in one city, unlike some other teams which have moved around to different cities over the course of their team history.
  • Options
    Where's Murcerfan image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the Phils get bounced.