Home U.S. Coin Forum

Interesting Teletrade statistic tonight ;

All the quarter lots in tonight's recently closed Teletrade Auction totaled 150 ,

of those 150 lots ..............only 31 sold !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot of the recent Washington quarters are dealers coins with retail type reserves. >>

Don't those guys have to pay some sort of commission? I have seen some of the coins several times, and I would think it would get expensive.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If those dealers routinely provide consignments (esp in $ volume) then it's quite possible they pay no buy back fees. If the house is able to sell the coins then they would get their cut. With so few decent and fresh coins showing up for auctions they probably are happy to get anything they can to fill up the auctions. A few yrs back TT gave me a no buy back deal with a fairly high reserve on one of my coins. They actually contacted me about consigning stuff. But the coin failed to meet reserve and I got it back. That was fortunate for me since 5 yrs later it did sell for 2-1/2X that amount at a major auction.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭
    Same thing with Kennedy halfs. Same ones, over and over...
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file