Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Have Prio Mail boxes gotten thinner?

BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
I recently received a new batch of Small Flat Rate Prio Mail boxes, ordered from usps.com. The cardboard seems a lot thinner than previous batches. Anyone else notice this or am I dealing with Chinese counterfeit boxes? image

Comments

  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have some old one and new one the old ones are alot nicer. I was tapeing some of the old one's up and crusch the dang thing. So I use two of them now. image If there is a will there is a way.


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they're 1.964% thinner.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Let us not forget Rule #6.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tape the thing to death. By the time I'm done, someone would have to cut their way through.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been around a while. Occasionally if you order them (free) from the usps.com website you will get the thicker ones. I prefer the VCR tape size (their item O-1096L, not available in flat rate). These are a wee bit bigger than the thin ones and regular thickness.

    0-1096L boxes delivered to your door for free

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,621 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Let us not forget Rule #6. >>


    image

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file