Home Sports Talk
Options

What Got to Kevin Mitchell?

A judge has ordered former National League MVP Kevin Mitchell to stand trial on charges of punching a man several times in the head in July at a golf club in Southern California.

From the article:

"Mitchell’s previous legal run-ins include rape charges in 1991 that were dropped, and an arrest in 1999 for allegedly beating up his father. A year later, while managing the minor-league Sonoma County Crushers, he was suspended nine games after punching the opposing team’s owner during a brawl.

In 2002, he was suspended seven games for punching the same team’s third-base coach, who Mitchell accused of stealing signs from the catcher."

And the story is (believe it was published in Dwight Gooden's autobiography) that he was upset at his girlfriend and killed her cat by chopping off its head with a knife. Mitchell denies it.

Yikes!!

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    ANSWER............COCAINE
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated juicer and a head case..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    But if we can overlook these few transgressions, Kevin is/was basically an easygoing friendly guy. image
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A judge has ordered former National League MVP Kevin Mitchell to stand trial on charges of punching a man several times in the head in July at a golf club in Southern California.

From the article:

"Mitchell’s previous legal run-ins include rape charges in 1991 that were dropped, and an arrest in 1999 for allegedly beating up his father. A year later, while managing the minor-league Sonoma County Crushers, he was suspended nine games after punching the opposing team’s owner during a brawl.

In 2002, he was suspended seven games for punching the same team’s third-base coach, who Mitchell accused of stealing signs from the catcher."

And the story is (believe it was published in Dwight Gooden's autobiography) that he was upset at his girlfriend and killed her cat by chopping off its head with a knife. Mitchell denies it.

Yikes!! >>

You must not be familiar with Kevin Mitchell. He's a known crazy from way back.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Overrated juicer and a head case.. >>

Overrated? Is he even "rated" at all?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay Krazy. Yes, that's Krazy with a "K". What else would you call someone who gets in an argument with their girlfriend & cut her cat's head off?
  • Options
    [<< Overrated juicer and a head case.. >>

Overrated? Is he even "rated" at all?

Well, he did win an MVP while cheating for the Giants..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    He is hardcore gansta from SD.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, he did win an MVP while cheating for the Giants.. >>

Mitchell was a hot-heated street thug who got shot 3 times as a result of his gang activity. His violent behavior is likely a result of him being a sociopath, not steroids.

• Options
    Who you callin' crazy?

• Options
    Pre-game snack?

• Options

<< <i>Pre-game snack?

image >>

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Didn't he once make an over the shoulder, on the run, bare handed catch?

Edited: Yeah, he did. Would post a youtube video but MLB had them all pulled.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    [<< Well, he did win an MVP while cheating for the Giants.. >>

Mitchell was a hot-heated street thug who got shot 3 times as a result of his gang activity. His violent behavior is likely a result of him being a sociopath, not steroids.

My bad, I meant Barry Bonds, another notorious "Giant" LOL..

• Options

<< <i>My bad, I meant Barry Bonds, another notorious "Giant" LOL.. >>

You got Kevin Mitchell confused for the Steroid King? That's kind of impressive.

• Options
    My bad, I meant Barry Bonds, another notorious "Giant" LOL.. >>

You got Kevin Mitchell confused for the Steroid King? That's kind of impressive.

Thanks, LOL!