Home Sports Talk
Options

Jeter needs a 2 minute penalty for diving.

Haven't seen any of you posting this yet. It's funny and disgraceful at the same time.

BOOOO!

At least the Rays won. (But there could be some GREAT promotions in the future. Derek Jeter Arm Sling Night?)

Comments

• Options
    Dont have a problem with that one, happens more often than we probably think. Dont think anyone else would have handled it differently, of course, he has more experince than most.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Sell the fake and attempt to take first, don't act like you've been shot in the elbow. A guy of his stature shouldn't act so silly.

I'd drill him next time if I'm the pitcher he pulled that on.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sell the fake and attempt to take first, don't act like you've been shot in the elbow. A guy of his stature shouldn't act so silly.

I'd drill him next time if I'm the pitcher he pulled that on. >>

Agreed. If I'm the pitcher, the next one is ringing off his batting helmet. Make it REAL clear he got hit for real.

Tabe
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeter may have also been the punter on the football team. LOL
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    So catchers always try to sell their out of the strike zone pitches as strikes and shortstops/ second baseball always try to sell their tags when base stealers are sliding into second base as tag outs, but a batter can't sell they've been hit by a pitch? How bout pitchers trying to get batters to swing at pitches that are clearly out of the zone...that's not very nice of them. lol

NEWS FLASH....Bang bang plays and Umps calling the games is the human element of the game and has been part of the game since the beginning.

Respectfully,

NOT A YANKS FAN, but a baseball fan
    Brian
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sell the fake and attempt to take first, don't act like you've been shot in the elbow. A guy of his stature shouldn't act so silly.

Agreed. If I'm the pitcher, the next one is ringing off his batting helmet. Make it REAL clear he got hit for real.

Tabe >>

Its one thing to drill someone, but off the helmet is totally classless and dangerous. SHows what character you must have.

Brian
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a story that is kind of in the same category.

I played high school basketball in the early 90's. I was the best shooter on the team. I shot over 85% from the free throw line. Our team had the ball and a foul was called. I think we were in the bonus. I was not the one that got fouled. I was on the other side of the floor, but I could just tell that the ref didn't know who got fouled. So, I stepped up to the free throw line. It was actually my cousin that got fouled. He knew what I was up to and we looked at each other and grinned. I calmly sank the two free throws. image

Shane

• Options

This is my problem with it. I have no problem with him selling it and getting on base. However, when you call the trainer out and wince when he's touching your arm it's taking it a little too far.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tabe >>

Its one thing to drill someone, but off the helmet is totally classless and dangerous. SHows what character you must have.

Brian >>

OK, fine. Drill him in the middle of the back then. Hit him hard and make it HURT. If you're going to hop around, dancing all over the place, call for the trainer, and generally show up the umpire, the pitcher, your own training staff, and everybody else, you gotta be made to pay.

I do not have a problem with Jeter taking a base when he hasn't been hit. I do have a problem with him faking the injury.

Compare this to hockey: When Claude Lemieux faked an injury for the Montreal Canadiens, his own coach left him on the ice to rot without sending out the trainer; he felt Lemieux had embarrassed himself, his coach, and his entire organization by faking an injury.

So A-Rod yelling "I got it" is the worst thing ever but Jeter faking an injury is OK? Total double standard.

Tabe