Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Will PSA reholder cards that don't bump on resubmit if requested?

I have a few cards that were graded prior to the .5 scale that I would like to submit for evaluation. These are vintage cards in higher grades, mostly PSA 8s, so I don't want to break them out and chance damaging any or having them receive lower grades. In the group are a few cards with older holders that don't fit all that well. Will PSA reholder the cards if I request it, even if the cards don't bump to higher grades?

Any experiences with this would be of great help.

Peter

Comments

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Yes they will.
    PackManInNC
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    YES
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and they won't charge you the $5 re-holder fee if the card's being reviewed. Just be explicit on the submission form about which one's you want re-holdered even if they're not bumped. The one downside with this is that they don't include the explanatory stickie-notes on the re-holdered cards if they're not upgraded.
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    If I submit cards to be reholdered, will PSA ever return any of them with lower grades? If so, under what circumstances may this occur?
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • I'd like to know this as well...
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I submit cards to be reholdered, will PSA ever return any of them with lower grades? If so, under what circumstances may this occur? >>

Yes. This happened to me a while ago. PSA found a flaw in the card which dropped the grade significantly. Since PSA guarantees the original grade they called me and they gave me a grading voucher for the difference in the value of the card. I do not think they would drop the grade if it were borderline but they are not going to let a card back out misgraded either.

• << <i>

<< <i>If I submit cards to be reholdered, will PSA ever return any of them with lower grades? If so, under what circumstances may this occur? >>

Yes. This happened to me a while ago. PSA found a flaw in the card which dropped the grade significantly. Since PSA guarantees the original grade they called me and they gave me a grading voucher for the difference in the value of the card. I do not think they would drop the grade if it were borderline but they are not going to let a card back out misgraded either. >>

What's a 'grading voucher', exactly?
    Thanks!
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What's a 'grading voucher', exactly? >>

A voucher that you can use toward getting cards graded. It will have a dollar amount on it and you send it in when getting your cards graded to reduce the grading fee amount. It does not apply to postage.