Home Autographs Forum
Options

Vintage Cast Collection Hitchock's 1944 Lifeboat

Hi All,

This took me about 10 years to assemble - criterion included all vintage and as unique as possible (when possible), and with an original still and theater program I don't have scanned at the moment. image they also were chosen to represent the various forms one can collect. I have signed contracts from another film. Comments welcome. All from eBay but the Anderson (she was in GWTW) and all for pennies on the dollar. Canada Lee was $5 shipped. image I have never seen another set apart from one composed of forgeries. The still is a cast image and studio-stamped 1944 double weight and re-used in 1949 for the Danish release as is the program I have. Programs can be tough. Danish embossed FOX Censur stamp as well on the still. Not common stuff.

Enjoy image

Eric

Tallulah Bankhead signed studio stamped matte finish double weight portrait C. 1944, blue fountain pen

John Hodiak signed candid photograph, 1952, San Francisco, during the Caine Mutiny Tour, purple fountain pen

Signed candid photograph, 1952, red fountain pen

Henry Hull so-called "ANS" (autographed note signed), dated, dedicated and inscribed
sentiment, unlined card, NYC, December 17, 1933, black fountain pen

Canada Lee signed Native Son program with ticket, NY, April 1942, black fountain pen

Walter Slezak signed candid photograph, C. 1952, San Francisco, blue ball point

Mary Anderson dedicated and inscribed album page, C. 1945, emerald green fountain pen

Hume Cronyn signed Players Directory page, C. 1945, black fountain pen, John Crawford signature on reverse

Comments

• Options
    SUNTZSUNTZ Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Holy smokes, another movie that I've been collecting on Album pages and cards. Looks like we have the same taste. I'd have to check and see but I think I might only need Bendix to complete. Truly a classic film. P.
  • Options
    Hi Suntz,

I think I have a spare Bendix - vintage C. 1945 in red fountain. A cut like you collect on a mag page w/photo. let me know if I should dig it up - it is not expensive at all.

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    Hi All,

I wanted to mention that I have finally found the last member of this cast, Heather Angel. She was most remembered for her role in Gone With the Wind, so she is strongly collected for that (I have a Leigh, but not GWTW, it is from the period of A Streetcar Named desire). So, it took me what, 11 years? The only one left is the German boy from the end of the film and that is not likely! I'm sorry i don't have it scanned - it is ink on an album page cut - perhaps 1960's. Ink.

So, sets are may passion. I have complete vintage cast sets from the Honeymooners (all 1952-1958 3.5x5 portraits and all signed in blue fountain pen with original rehearsal photographs), Star Trek (earliest signed examples I have seen for each including 1968 Fan Club Spock signed "Logically, Spock as well as by Nimoy), the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers (vintage signed still by McCarthy and Wynter from K. McCarthy's own collection), Soylent Green (Heston, Robinson and Cotten signed stills with Soylent still)..on and on ...and on - anyone else here collect sets?

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    Hi again,

Oh, and yes - all purchased on eBay for pennies in the dollar (and with years and years experience). The truly scarcest one cost me $5 shipped image

Eric
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi All,

Since this composite was made I have added Heather Angel in vintage form so now complete - apart from the German boy picked up at the end. All authenticated by me.

Best wishes,
    Eric