Home Sports Talk
Options

My thoughts on the Cowboy Game last night....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
The term "beating yourself" has been used over the years many many times. But at no other time in the history of the game has it ever been more true than the Dallas/Washington game!!! Period!!!

The skins did not win that game....it was truely given to them. They actually scored 2 field goals. That atrosity at the end of the half was a gift. If I'm Jerry Jones, whoever made that call is fired!!!

And that play at the end of the game......words can't describe what I would do there if I was Jerry. Why they play that POS OT that held on that play I don't know. The guy he held wasn't even in the play. He is the 2nd most penalized lineman in football behind only Fossil Adams who he replaced.

I'm sorry, but that sh*t eating grin he gave at the end of the game should be his last appearence ever in a Cowboy uniform. Where do they get these bums???!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be a long season in Dallas...get used to it, If you can't beat the inept Skins, who can you beat?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Do you really think they will play like that the rest of the season??? People in the know have them favored to be in the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    People in the know have them favored to be in the Super Bowl.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    How many Super Bowls does your team have!!!!image

Mine has 5!!!!!image
  • Options
    How many playoff wins does your team have since Troy Aikman retired. I believe the correct answer is....ONE!

LOL!!

• Options

How many have the Jets won since Joe retired???

Why do you always want to pick your time periods?

Since the Saints won the SB last year are they the only good team!!!!!

Wait a minute we smashed mouth them to their first lose last year!!!! image

Dallas holds the record for records in football.

You Dallas haters make me sick!!!

You hate the Cowboys for the same reason you hate the Yankees......because we win more than any other team!!!

Get a life!
  • Options
    For those of you keeping track at home, that's one playoff win since 1996, LOL...

And you compare the Cowboys to the Yankees? LOL, at least the Yankees have won something since the internet was invented. Can't say the same for the Cowgirls..

America's Team? Heck, the 'Boys ain't even the best team in the state of Texas right now

Face it, Dimeman, your team blows this year and will finish .500 at best.

But you can still come on this board and whine about how everyone hates Dallas while posting ridiculous nonsense if it makes you feel better...image

• Options

<< <i>

You hate the Cowboys for the same reason you hate the Yankees......because we win more than any other team!!!

! >>

How do you figure that? Its a good franchise but they have basically been a non-factor for over 10 years.
  • Options

<< <i>For those of you keeping track at home, that's one playoff win since 1996, LOL... >>

Really shouldn't talk smack when your team has made one Super Bowl in it's entire history and that was over 40 years ago.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many playoff wins does your team have since Troy Aikman retired. I believe the correct answer is....ONE!

LOL!! >>

When is the last time your team sniffed a SB appearence. I am not even talking about a SB win, I am talking a SB game.
  • Options
    Grotie your a real piece of work. One lose and my team blows.

If you really think the Cowboys will finish 8-8 this year that shows just how stupid you really are.image

Yes, they haven't won a SB since 95, but we have won 5 been in 8. We are still one of the better franchises in football.

We have had the players during this dry period, but haven't had a coach since Jimmy Johnson.

Wade is the true BUM of the Phillips family. He should be fired. But even with his inept coaching we will finish better than 8-8 and will probably win the division.

One game doesn't make a season!image
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Bickering back and forth about a team's past is really pointless.

The fact is that right here, right now, Dallas sucks. And I feel safe in saying that Dallas will continue sucking for many, many years to come.

Thank God the NBA season starts in six weeks

• Options

<< <i>The fact is that right here, right now, Dallas sucks. And I feel safe in saying that Dallas will continue sucking for many, many years to come. >>

You will not find a team with more talent on both sides of the ball than the current Dallas Cowboys. They are proof that not just anyone can lead a team to victory if you fill that team with pure talent.
  • Options

Boy, you Cowboy haters are something.

One bad game and you are not only counting us out this year, but for many many years to come.

I will revisit this later on in the season!image
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I feel safe in saying that Dallas will continue sucking for many, many years to come.

Nah, I disagree - even though I hate the 'Turds as much as anybody, all they really need is a competent coach who would instill some discipline. They've got some decent talent but they won't go anywhere as long as Son-of-Bum remains the coach.

Hopefully, King Jerry will be stupid enough to keep Wade around for a long, long time.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And I feel safe in saying that Dallas will continue sucking for many, many years to come.

Nah, I disagree - even though I hate the 'Turds as much as anybody, all they really need is a competent coach who would instill some discipline. They've got some decent talent but they won't go anywhere as long as Son-of-Bum remains the coach.

Hopefully, King Jerry will be stupid enough to keep Wade around for a long, long time. >>

He's not the problem though. All Wade handle is the defense and possibly special teams. Garrett is more a CO-HC who controls the offense. Wade has the defense playing well enough to win but Garrett is still struggling w/ the offense.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    It's September 14, 2010, and the Cowboys still have a grand total of one playoff win since the internet was invented...image

• Options

<< <i>It's September 14, 2010, and the Cowboys still have a grand total of one playoff win since the internet was invented...image >>

Internet access was first available in 1992. Cowboys have won 3 Super Bowls since then.

What else you got hatter?

REFERENCE
  • Options
    [<< It's September 14, 2010, and the Cowboys still have a grand total of one playoff win since the internet was invented... >>

Internet access was first available in 1992. Cowboys have won 3 Super Bowls since then.

REFERENCE

Don't you have a box of 1983 Donruss to open somewhere?? image

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's September 14, 2010, and the Cowboys still have a grand total of one playoff win since the internet was invented...image >>

REFERENCE >>

I'm not sure about your reference , as Al Gore is never mentioned in the article. I just wanted to bring that to your attention.

Just feeling the Luv for Gorebots.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>

>>

in 1992 maybe 2 people had it. It wasnt really well known til about 1994.

• Options

<< <i>Don't you have a box of 1983 Donruss to open somewhere?? image >>

I wish. Can you loan me $60 to get a box?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerry Jones was dam lucky to have been friends with Jimmy Johnson, who no doubt was the brains behind all those brilliant draft picks because of course he had been a longtime college coach so he knew that crop of college players extremely well.

I don't like the Cowboys, never have, never will, but in my opinion Jimmy Johnson is one of the best football coaches of this modern era, and Jerry Jones, with his gigantic super ego, and basically forcing Johnson out simply because Jones wanted most of the credit for their success, had to be one of the dumbest moves ever by any NFL owner.

Jerry Jones had his run of good luck and he blew it by getting rid of Jimmy Johnson...luck has a way of evening out in the long run, and I predict it will be a long long time if ever that Jerry Jones brings another Super Bowl championship to Dallas.
  • Options
    Jerry Jones was dam lucky to have been friends with Jimmy Johnson, who no doubt was the brains behind all those brilliant draft picks because of course he had been a longtime college coach so he knew that crop of college players extremely well.

I don't like the Cowboys, never have, never will, but in my opinion Jimmy Johnson is one of the best football coaches of this modern era, and Jerry Jones, with his gigantic super ego, and basically forcing Johnson out simply because Jones wanted most of the credit for their success, had to be one of the dumbest moves ever by any NFL owner.

Jerry Jones had his run of good luck and he blew it by getting rid of Jimmy Johnson...luck has a way of evening out in the long run, and I predict it will be a long long time if ever that Jerry Jones brings another Super Bowl championship to Dallas.

Good analysis...and I don't often agree with Steve so it must be correct, LOL..

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jerry Jones was dam lucky to have been friends with Jimmy Johnson, who no doubt was the brains behind all those brilliant draft picks because of course he had been a longtime college coach so he knew that crop of college players extremely well.

Good analysis...and I don't often agree with Steve so it must be correct, LOL.. >>

Jimmy Johnson's teams were so good that even a chimp (aka Barry Switzer) could win a Superbowl with them.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jerry Jones was dam lucky to have been friends with Jimmy Johnson, who no doubt was the brains behind all those brilliant draft picks because of course he had been a longtime college coach so he knew that crop of college players extremely well.

Jerry Jones had his run of good luck and he blew it by getting rid of Jimmy Johnson...luck has a way of evening out in the long run, and I predict it will be a long long time if ever that Jerry Jones brings another Super Bowl championship to Dallas. >>

At least he has been able to hold the Lombardi
  • Options
    Not going to get to concerned over season opening loss to division rival, concered about play but figure it will get better as season goes on, just too much talent not to. I think Wade needs to be gone. I think they tried to get Bryant involved to much. I would rather get better as season goes on than start out hot and fall apart at end. Things will come around, hope to revisit in a few weeks.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jerry Jones had his run of good luck and he blew it by getting rid of Jimmy Johnson...luck has a way of evening out in the long run, and I predict it will be a long long time if ever that Jerry Jones brings another Super Bowl championship to Dallas. >>

Good analysis...and I don't often agree with Steve so it must be correct, LOL.. >>

Jimmy Johnson's teams were so good that even a chimp (aka Barry Switzer) could win a Superbowl with them. >>

QFT, all three of them!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    << DIMEMAN QUOTE: And that play at the end of the game ... The guy he held wasn't even in the play. >>

Dude, What game were you watching? Brian Orakpo (the guy he held) had Tony Romo dead to rights. If your boy hadn't put him in a UFC choke hold on that play the pass never would have happened. You'd also probably be looking for a new starting QB. ;-)

And just as a side note, that was about the 10th hold on Brian Orakpo that day. Your entire O-line was getting away with blatant holds all day long. Almost every time the Skins blitzed, I kept expecting to see a flag thrown. I stopped counting after about the 30th hold. Remember when the TV announcers were focusing on Albert Haynesworth and they kept showing your center stiff arming him on the top of his helmet? Re-watch those 3 or 4 plays and you'll see several blatant calls your line got away with. I think the refs were just feeling sorry for you all .... after all of the other more obvious flags they had to throw.

Neither team played up to their potential, but I could just as easily say the Redskins ALMOST GAVE that game away to the Cowboys. Remember us dropping about a dozen passes, or the muffed snap field goal attempt, or the two end zone fade routes to a rookie, or the blown defensive coverage that got your team down the field with 8 seconds left? We were also in the lead the entire game! I guess none of that stuff counts though in Cowboys fantasyland, huh?

The good news for Redskins fans is that we weren't expecting too much .. since this is a brand new offense, defense, coaching staff, QB, players, etc. We really have no where else to go, but up.

Cowboys fans, on the other hand, should be in full blown panic mode! Isn't this supposed to be your "must win" Super Bowl team that you've been refining for years and years? Heck, even Jimmy Johson had to go seclude himself on Survivor Island to try and get away from the embarrassment that the Cowboys are going to be this year.

It's sad to see all the Cowboys fans making excuses about how they gave the game away. You plain old fashioned got beat! And the reality of the situation is that the Redskins are undefeated and tied for 1st place in the division ... while Da Boys are winless and in last place.

Oh, and since you don't like to use "certain time frames" for comparing 2 teams ... let's not ...

The Cowboys have 5 championships (1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995).
    The Redskins also have 5 championships (1937, 1942, 1982, 1987, 1991).

Sounds like a tie to me. Let's see who gets to 6 first. Ready .... Go!

<< DIMEMAN QUOTE: And that play at the end of the game...... The guy he held wasn't even in the play. >>
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options

<< <i>Cowboys fans, on the other hand, should be in full blown panic mode! Isn't this supposed to be your "must win" Super Bowl team that you've been refining for years and years? Heck, even Jimmy Johson had to go seclude himself on Survivor Island to try and get away from the embarrassment that the Cowboys are going to be this year.
    >>

The key to the Cowboys offense is the OL. We had 2 Pro Bowl linemen missing against the Redskins. They will be back this week.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< DIMEMAN QUOTE: And that play at the end of the game ... The guy he held wasn't even in the play. >>

Dude, What game were you watching? Brian Orakpo (the guy he held) had Tony Romo dead to rights. If your boy hadn't put him in a UFC choke hold on that play the pass never would have happened. You'd also probably be looking for a new starting QB. ;-)

And just as a side note, that was about the 10th hold on Brian Orakpo that day. Your entire O-line was getting away with blatant holds all day long. Almost every time the Skins blitzed, I kept expecting to see a flag thrown. I stopped counting after about the 30th hold. Remember when the TV announcers were focusing on Albert Haynesworth and they kept showing your center stiff arming him on the top of his helmet? Re-watch those 3 or 4 plays and you'll see several blatant calls your line got away with. I think the refs were just feeling sorry for you all .... after all of the other more obvious flags they had to throw.

Neither team played up to their potential, but I could just as easily say the Redskins ALMOST GAVE that game away to the Cowboys. Remember us dropping about a dozen passes, or the muffed snap field goal attempt, or the two end zone fade routes to a rookie, or the blown defensive coverage that got your team down the field with 8 seconds left? We were also in the lead the entire game! I guess none of that stuff counts though in Cowboys fantasyland, huh?

The good news for Redskins fans is that we weren't expecting too much .. since this is a brand new offense, defense, coaching staff, QB, players, etc. We really have no where else to go, but up.

Cowboys fans, on the other hand, should be in full blown panic mode! Isn't this supposed to be your "must win" Super Bowl team that you've been refining for years and years? Heck, even Jimmy Johson had to go seclude himself on Survivor Island to try and get away from the embarrassment that the Cowboys are going to be this year.

It's sad to see all the Cowboys fans making excuses about how they gave the game away. You plain old fashioned got beat! And the reality of the situation is that the Redskins are undefeated and tied for 1st place in the division ... while Da Boys are winless and in last place.

Oh, and since you don't like to use "certain time frames" for comparing 2 teams ... let's not ...

The Cowboys have 5 championships (1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995).
    The Redskins also have 5 championships (1937, 1942, 1982, 1987, 1991).

Sounds like a tie to me. Let's see who gets to 6 first. Ready .... Go!

<< DIMEMAN QUOTE: And that play at the end of the game...... The guy he held wasn't even in the play. >> >>

I felt the same way about the Redskins OL. The refs must have allowed both sides to get away w/ it.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

Typicial Cowboy hater dribble!

Get a life. If anybody thinks the Redskins are going anywhere....well good luck...because that's all you got the first game.

The offence didn't even get in the end zone. We gave you 7 points on a stupid call!!!

Get a life!!!
  • Options
    After that stout defensive performance by the "Boys this afternoon, I'd like to revise my prediction of the Cowboys record this year from 8-8 to 5-11, LOL!