Home Sports Talk
Options

Most embarassing loss the first week: Cowboys, Colts or Bengals?

Put them in order, have fun.

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    1. Cowboys - The Cowgirls were supposed to beat Washington, and the way they lost was extra embarrassing, let alone the other random poor decisions they made last night.

2. Colts - The Colts were supposed to beat the Texans yesterday, but did not expect to run into a certain one-hit-wonder running back.

3. Bengals - I don't think the Bengals losing to the Patriots should be considered embarrassing. I don't think anyone expected the Bengals to win that game, except the Bengals themselves.

4. How 'bout them Brownies!! THAT is embarrassing, when you can't beat a sorry team like Tampa Bay. Some fans around here were expecting the Browns to go 8-8 this season (which would be an insane improvement) but after watching them yesterday, I see them winning MAYBE two games.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    1. Cowboys- just awful performance

2. Colts- replay this game 10 more times and see who wins each one

3. Bengals- playing a good team and getting pounded on isn't very uncommon
  • Options

<< <i>
    4. How 'bout them Brownies!! THAT is embarrassing, when you can't beat a sorry team like Tampa Bay. Some fans around here were expecting the Browns to go 8-8 this season (which would be an insane improvement) but after watching them yesterday, I see them winning MAYBE two games. >>

A Browns fan calling the Bucs sorry... I've now seen it all.
  • Options

<< <i>A Browns fan calling the Bucs sorry... I've now seen it all. >>

What do you think Tampa's record will be this season? I'm not trying to "hatte", but I think both teams are terrible this year. Tampa finished 3-13 last year, and the Browns finished 5-11. I think (thought) the Browns might do better this year, and Tampa would remain the same. After watching yesterday's game, I'm having second thoughts about the Browns.
  • Options
    Oh I think the Bucs will win 6 games max, the team is the youngest in the NFL and will have growing pains, but I just didn't think of it as an upset or any sort of surprise. They're both garbage teams and I expected the game to be close and thought it was pretty much a toss up going into it.
  • Options
    I had delusions of grandeur when the Browns were up 14-3 in the second quarter, but then I was brought back down to earth in the second half. Oh well...
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Browns fan I went from looking for improvement maybe even 8 and 8 to hoping they make a good pick with the first choice in the draft next year. I do agree the Bucs are not a sorry team. However with some good young players, more practice, better coaching, etc. they can work their way up to sorry. You can be happy though that the Browns are even sorrier.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>I had delusions of grandeur when the Browns were up 14-3 in the second quarter, but then I was brought back down to earth in the second half. Oh well... >>

The game was blacked out here so I wasn't able to watch but followed along online. The Bucs defense was horrendous the first half but it looked like they actually made adjustments at halftime. It also helps that the team is fairly familiar with facing Delhomme. Josh Freeman looks good too!

My apartment is 10 miles away from the stadium but I can't watch on tv because I don't feel like dropping $50+ on a ticket, $25 on parking, and sitting in the 90 degree heat for 4 hours to watch them play (no offense because I know people think of the Bucs this way) the Cleveland Browns. I'll save my money and go a divisional match up or at least a game where the weathers cooler.

Edit: I don't mean any disrespect to you Cleveland guys, we're in the same boat here image
  • Options

<< <i>The game was blacked out here so I wasn't able to watch but followed along online. >>

That's when I would pack up the laptop and go to the nearest bar that had free Wifi (so I can still follow my Fantasy Football). image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2. Colts - The Colts were supposed to beat the Texans yesterday, but did not expect to run into a certain one-hit-wonder running back. >>

1 hit wonder? Just because you weren't aware of him before yesterday doesn't mean he didn't exist.

In '09, he started the last two games, averaged over 100 yards (97 and 119 respectively), and scored in both games.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The game was blacked out here so I wasn't able to watch but followed along online. >>

That's when I would pack up the laptop and go to the nearest bar that had free Wifi (so I can still follow my Fantasy Football). image >>

That's the thing...even the bars are blacked out! EVERYTHING within a 75 mile radius....I'd basically have to drive to Orlando to be able to watch the game.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>2. Colts - The Colts were supposed to beat the Texans yesterday, but did not expect to run into a certain one-hit-wonder running back. >>

1 hit wonder? Just because you weren't aware of him before yesterday doesn't mean he didn't exist.

In '09, he started the last two games, averaged over 100 yards (97 and 119 respectively), and scored in both games. >>

And was a fantasy darling this year in this here part of the cawntry. Surprised a fantasy guru like Jeff never picked up on him.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

In '09, he started the last two games, averaged over 100 yards (97 and 119 respectively), and scored in both games. >>

And was a fantasy darling this year in this here part of the cawntry. Surprised a fantasy guru like Jeff never picked up on him. >>

He's on my team but unfortunately was on my bench image Didn't expect him to go off like that against Indy... It's ok, Chris Johnson picked up the slack for me and I got the W image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arian Foster is going to be a beast this year...in retrospect, benching him last season in his first start after he fumbled his first carry was a wise move on Kubiak's part..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The term "beating yourself" has been used over the years many many times. But at no other time in the history of the game has it ever been more true than the Dallas/Washington game!!! Period!!!

The skins did not win that game....it was truely given to them. They actually scored 2 field goals. That atrosity at the end of the half was a gift. If I'm Jerry Jones, whoever made that call is fired!!!

And that play at the end of the game......words can't describe what I would do there if I was Jerry. Why they play that POS OT that held on that play I don't know. The guy he held wasn't even in the play. He is the 2nd most penalized lineman in football behind only Fossil Adams who he replaced.

I'm sorry, but that sh*t eating grin he gave at the end of the game should be his last appearence ever in a Cowboy uniform. Where do they get these bums???!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

And was a fantasy darling this year in this here part of the cawntry. Surprised a fantasy guru like Jeff never picked up on him. >>

In all honesty, this is why I say one hit wonder... because I HOPE he is a one hit wonder, since I passed up on him in all five of my leagues, and I laughed when someone drafted him. OOPS! lol
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SD losing to KC has to be the most embarrassing loss of the week.
  • Options
    The Colts loss was the most surprising.

Any loss in week one is not embarrassing imo.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    How many of you remember that it took a miracle for the Colts to win against Houston last year? I was surprised by the margin, but not that the Colts lost.
  • Options
    1. Jets
    2. Jets
    3. Jets

They suck. Sanchez blows.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many of you remember that it took a miracle for the Colts to win against Houston last year? I was surprised by the margin, but not that the Colts lost. >>

And the year before that, both at home.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I drafted Arian Foster in the 14th round....wow. He better keep performing because if I have a backfield of CJ and Foster I will be tough to beat.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How many of you remember that it took a miracle for the Colts to win against Houston last year? I was surprised by the margin, but not that the Colts lost. >>

And the year before that, both at home.

image >>

Ah, yes -- the infamous "Rosencopter" game. That was a kick in the gut...
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    my thoughts are that the Cowpokes had the most embarissing loss.......the Texans are not that bad, they just missed out last year and New England is a quality team also....I haven't heard anyone honestly saying that the Redskins were going to be any good. Also the Jets losing to the Ravens wasn't bad either, even though they were at home the Ravens have a good team also. My team is the one that drove me crazy, losing to Tampa Bay.