Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1972 Submissions - 26 9's!!!!!

I recently listed my 1972 set with a few graded cards. I took advantage of the 70's special and submitted @ 100 choice '72's. I was hoping for an elusive 10 and thought I may have a shot. No 10's were received but I did get 51 8's and 26 9's!!! Of the 9's, six are the only one given this grade - 1/1. These were #24, 382, 400 Oliva, 507, 635, and 720. Another 15 cards were 1 of 4 or less; all told 36 cards were in the highest grade given catagory. I'm getting ready to submit some '71's, '73's and '74's. Hope for like results!!
I haven't decided if I'll continue to build the '72 set or auction off on eBay.
Selling off my collection, keeping my wife and house!!

Comments

• thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    This should stir up the FAB FIVE in a hurry.

Nice job JeffOKC.
  • Hey Jeff,

Forget ebay - just post your email address and sit back and watch your computer start to shake with activity.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • BTW Jeff,

I like the part at the bottom of your post but I'm doing it a little bit different. I'm selling my wife and house to expand my collection.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Jeff,

If your willing to sell PM me.

Carlos
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    JEFF - With the '72 bunch salivating, you'd better lock your doors and be alert at all times...image jay
  • mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Jeff> Good job on the submission. PSA seems to be a bit more stingy with the 9s lately so 29% is quite good.
    Just curious, when did you receive your submission? The pop report I printed about 10 days ago shows some of those six as pop-1 and some as pop-0.

If you do decide to sell, I can't imagine you'd be hurting for potential clients.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • The 72 crowd...wow! I can see them plotting and strategizing. I hope that your phone # is unlisted, as if that is going to stop them from calling you at 3.00am!

However, let me know on the 71's when you get them back. I promise you that I do not make any anonymous phone calls after 2.00am.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Darn! Jeff has taken my old icon.
  • Vargha, I didn't mean to take anyones icon. I thought a tornado fit with Oklahoma!! No other hidden meanings!!
  • Zardoz51, I just received the posted grades yesterday. (Submission #8001214 if anyone wants to check out the other cards). Turn around time was about 8 days!! Pretty amazing! I'm fairly certain I'll be auctioning most of these off - have already gotten many e-mails. I will consider offers but expect "$$$$$$" BIG TIME!!!
  • Jeff,

Only 71's for me! Send me an email when you get your 71's back.

Paul
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Jeff -- I'm just kidding around. I used that icon forever until the long tentacles of boredom exacted their toll on me.
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    JeffOKC -- watch out, those 72 guys are crafty!
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
    JEFF - Keep in mind when dealing with ZARDOZ he has unlimited funds, something about pilfering money from the ZAG millions...jay
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Jeff,

With the ridiculous prices that 72 PSA 9's are commanding on eBay - I'd say that is the way to go. Great job! As Mike mentioned earlier - PSA has become a touch stingier with the 9's lately and I'm betting that some of those PSA 8's are dynamite. If you decide to sell - I'd definitely be interested in some of them.

Still looking for #'s 2, 22, 32, 168, 176, 292, 302, 306, 322, 385, 395, 409, 463, 464, 482, 491, 492, 508, 518, 524, 525, 647, 693, 708 and 782 in PSA 8 or PSA 9 to complete the set. Also looking to upgrade 400 others from PSA 8. Take care and Happy Easter!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Jay

Pilfering funds?

Why those are "officer's loans" and the petty cash has my personal IOU's.
    ZARDOZ - My apoligies sir!
  • gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Frank,
    I came across a 1972 1st series vending box at my brothers last night. Stunning cards except 2/3's are OC which sucks. The vending stripe was there so none of the cards were ever looked at before.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Bob,

Tell me that you can't hear all the moans of jealousy when you post stuff like that. When I go through unopened boxes of stuff in my garage, its usually worthy of going straight to the trash. Unopened vending boxes - Geez!

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!