Home Sports Talk
Options

Reggie Bush loses Heisman

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should give it to Vince Young like they do in the Miss America..."If Reggie Bush is unable to fulfill his duties as Heisman Trophy Winner, the runner up.....etc..."
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am a Bruin fan since birth and born and raised to hate $C. However, I really think this is bad precident and wish they were not taking the award from him. I hope Vince Young is man enough to decline sloppy seconds!
  • Options
    So when does the NCAA takeaway USC's "half" of the National title they stole from LSU by using ineligible players?
  • Options
    So when does the NCAA takeaway USC's "half" of the National title they stole from LSU by using ineligible players?

Ha, ha. I am sure LSU had ALL legit "scholar athletes." Please. EVERY single D-1 program is breaking rules every year. I would be shocked if there was truly a clean program out there!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heisman director tells DP Show Yahoo story on Bush is 'completely false'

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/127342/index.html?eref=sihp
  • Options

<< <i>So when does the NCAA takeaway USC's "half" of the National title they stole from LSU by using ineligible players?

Ha, ha. I am sure LSU had ALL legit "scholar athletes." Please. EVERY single D-1 program is breaking rules every year. I would be shocked if there was truly a clean program out there! >>

And I have no problem with what happened as the system is so flawed. The college players need to have a small salary...like $10-15,000 a year or something. This would elimate most of the problem.

You can't honstly except college players not to take a dime, when millions are thrown around them.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    The NCAA awarded that title to LSU in 2003. The Associated Press gave the title to USC. So, it would have to be them that takes it back. My question would be more along the next season. If the NCAA declares USC ineligible for the 2004 season, then do they give the title to Oklahoma which got steamrolled by USC, or do they give it to undefeated Auburn which finished the season as the #2 team in all polls behind USC?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    If the NCAA declares USC ineligible for the 2004 season, then do they give the title to Oklahoma which got steamrolled by USC, or do they give it to undefeated Auburn which finished the season as the #2 team in all polls behind USC?

Good point. I remember watching that game. U$C steamrolled OK that night. That was an amazing game. You can't really give the championship to OK after that beat down. It was over during the first quarter if I recall and then $C pulled the foot off the guess so that they didn't score 100. I guess we will solve it with a playoff. Oh wait....