Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

DAVID HALL HOW MUCH WILL YOU BUY MY PCGS SLABBED MODERN COMMEMORATIVES FROM ME FOR?

TITLE SAYS IT ALL. I GUESS THESE DON'T COUNT ANYMORE IN THE TYPE SETS.
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about David Hall, but I'll be happy to give ya 3X face for 'em. Maybe a bit more for gold and platinum. image

(Uh oh...better go...this little jest will probably get me stomped on...)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    May be an unpopular opinion, but if you only bought them because they were required, sell them and move on. Between the dollar, five dollar, and ten dollar you have in your set, you should be able to grab both of the MS gold pieces you are still seeking for your 20th Century set.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill: Why give DH the only chance to buy your coins. Please list them on the boards here with prices to give everyone a chance image

Also, which coins are you now looking for? Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I doubt he'd want them. Maybe he'll buy some of the 2000's that are no longer part of the 20th century set.

Remember his line, "Deal with it."
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    If they are no longer required for the Registry, then the coins are worthless. I'd spend them. At least you'll get face value for them.
  • Options
    I let you guys know when the garage sale is. I still want to give Dave first crack. After all they still love me because I have a cool icon.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Hall has a full page ad in the April 1 Coin World, offering nothing but modern commems and state quarters. If he finds enough suckers..... oops, I mean buyers, he may want to replenish his stock. Other than the '82-S Washington half, the cheapest ones are $39. You can buy the same coins in the same grades (just not slabbed) at substantial discounts. Most of them grade at least 68 anyway, whether slabbed or not. With the ever-changing rules for registry sets, why would anybody buy a coin just to fill a slot that may become unnecessary in the future. Stick to coins that you really want. "Junk stays junk; good stuff gets better."

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg: why would he spend 'em? Heck, I offered him 3X face!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    BUT BILL WILL GIVE ME FIRST CRACK, AS i CAN PICK THESE UP AND PAY CASH image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    IN PERSON image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    AND A 5 MIN RIDE image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    More like a 20 minute ride image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    If it wasn`t for David Hall ; we wouldn`t have P.C.G.S -

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Bill,
    I'll give you face value plus slabbing cost (provided they were modern service) for them!

Gembens,
    Please edit and clean up your comments... we have kids on these boards. There's no need or place for that here.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!