Home Autographs Forum
Options

One Flew East, One Flew West.......

Hi All,

Here are some items I love. A 1975 original still signed by Jack Nicholson. Now, a Nicholson is common as heck, especially on that "here's Johnny" photo from the Shining. But, it is comparatively very tough to find vintage signed photos. Every one I have seen from this period, be it this film or Chinatown, is in green felt tip (some badly faded).
And, to round it out, the very elusive signature of the Big Chief (the focus of the 1961 book), Will Sampson Jr. - a noted American artist. This is among his last - signed in a hospital bed before his death in 1987. Comments welcome.

Original 8x10 still with vintage Jack Nicholson signature.

Will Sampson Jr. signed index card, black ink

Best,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff Eric from one of the all-time GREAT movies.
  • Options
    Hi PipestonePete,

Thanks image I am very glad you like them. It is fortuitous that the trail off stroke aligns well with what's his names leg. The book is superb - have you ever read it? I neglected to say your first posted color Kennedy image is also very beautiful. What drives you to collect the Kennedy material? Any signed images of Ted Kennedy?
    I wonder if anyone will take a stab at my Lugosi post? His signature mystifies many.

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Eric. I collect the Kennedy material because as a child of the 60's I am fascinated by the history makers of that decade.....Beatles, American space program, Kennedys, etc. Here is the only signed image that I have of Ted.

• Options
    Lovely Photo Pete! PM me and I'll share a list of my collection and you can share yours? Sound good?

Eric
  • Options
    SUNTZSUNTZ Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Nice job on the Cuckoo's Nest cast. I've been collecting that movie for a long time. I prefer album pages / index cards to matte with a photo. I have nearly all the main cast however, I am currently looking for Delos V. Smith Jr. he played Scanlon. If you have one can you post it I have yet to see a example. Regards, P.
  • Options
    Hi Suntz,

I don't have anyone else from this film- just these 2 and Cheswick which is going to be a gift to a close mate. I used to collect album pages too, but they are usually on self destructive paper, terribly brittle and/or toned.

Best,
    Eric