Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mitch, finally I have my revenge!

Remember the Jefferson missing edge lettering dollars that some company was scamming by sitting on 80+ of them and trying to get incredible prices for a not so rare coin?

I still don't have one in PCGS, but maybe I might have a real low pop Jefferson right here. Anyone know of another???

I getting ready to sell all my non-SF Presidents coins. #4 in the 2007-2008 complete issues with errors. Got a LOT of errors too. Keep your eyes out for a BST post in the near future.

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool toy!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griv - I am sitting here with Justin, and we both agree that is a very neat coin! Congrats! Justin never bought a Jefferson MEL either as he decided to focus his collection on business strike Pres $1's.

One day, I would love to see your incredible Mint State $50 Gold Eagle collection!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Jefferson MEL coins, I just sold a PCGS MS64 on eBay for $375.... these sure have come down in price, especially since PCGS took them out of the Registry Sets and took them out of the Price Guide!

The waffle cancelled MEL Jefferson is pretty neat though.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illini - I believe they may have come down in price way before any of that. I passed on bidding $600 for an MS66 in a major auction last year.

By the way, while I have been away for the past couple months, I did not hear that PCGS made a final decision on removing any coins from any Pres $1 registry sets as of yet?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    By the way, while I have been away for the past couple months, I did not hear that PCGS made a final decision on removing any coins from any Pres $1 registry sets as of yet?

Wondercoin >>

I am likely mistaken then. I swear I looked at the Registry sets at one point and saw they were removed, but I may have been looking at one of the non-variety sets image In looking now I see that they are included in the variety sets. My mistake. But I'm happy to see that as now I have hope that someone someday will want my Madison Satin Finish MEL image

Have a great Holiday weekend.

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    People who agree with me are called idiots. People who disagree with me are called idiots.

It appears, I am surrounded.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Illini - I believe they may have come down in price way before any of that. I passed on bidding $600 for an MS66 in a major auction last year.

Wondercoin >>

Folks were warned.

It's too bad that recent occurances have tainted the edge lettering varieties and a real eye opener that PCGS has such influence on the collecting of these. But, it was PCGS's call in the first place to include these error coins as varieties.

Personally, I should have paid better attention.

I forgot to add: GRIV, that coin is simply way cool! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are a few words of wisdom.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

<< <i>Griv - I am sitting here with Justin, and we both agree that is a very neat coin! Congrats! Justin never bought a Jefferson MEL either as he decided to focus his collection on business strike Pres $1's.

One day, I would love to see your incredible Mint State $50 Gold Eagle collection!!

Wondercoin >>

Well, you know they all look but with different dates, except for the 94&96, they'll blind you. I have to use oven mitts when I move them around. image
  • Options

<< <i>Remember the Jefferson missing edge lettering dollars that some company was scamming by sitting on 80+ of them and trying to get incredible prices for a not so rare coin?

I still don't have one in PCGS, but maybe I might have a real low pop Jefferson right here. Anyone know of another???

I getting ready to sell all my non-SF Presidents coins. #4 in the 2007-2008 complete issues with errors. Got a LOT of errors too. Keep your eyes out for a BST post in the near future. >>

I got the grade info today, PCGS declines to cross even as genuine US Mint "waffled" coins. Sad. image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I got the grade info today, PCGS declines to cross even as genuine US Mint "waffled" coins. Sad. image >>

For a coin like this Griv, I don't think you really need that PCGS slab.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!