Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Dummy I Am!!! Submission Boo Boo...

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
Joined the collectors club today and saw that the quartely special was for any coin and thats as far as I read. Printed out the submission form and noticed it was for world coins. I was thinking this was just a glich in the system and went ahead and filled out the form, packaged the coin up, took it to the Post Office and off it went to PCGS. Of course it was a USA Mercury Dime.

Just a few minutes ago I was sitting on the porch enjoying the late summer afternoon and this weird thought hit me. Maybe PCGS was only taking World Coins for this quartely submission. Came in and read the whole quartely submission speil and sure enough its World only.

Do you think I will get away with claiming a Mercury Dime is a World Coin? If not should I just call PCGS and tell them the last resort after everything else is done is to read exactly what coin a quartely submission is for? Its too late to get to the local PO so that baby is gone.

Geez....... getting old with no attention to detail is the pits.

EDIT to ADD: I did not take a copy of the submission form either. Now if I call I cannot even tell PCGS what number the submision is.

Double DUMMY I would say.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    I hate what then happens image
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    A mercury dime is a world coin. Tell them you were from originally from Canada.

Which one did you send in the 18 or 20?
  • Options
    Mike the 20P I bought from you a few months ago. It was to be a test the waters coin.

Ken
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    am i wnorg?

but isn't mercury an entirely different world than ours?

silly goose!...your coin isn't from our world!image
  • Options

<< <i>am i wnorg?

but isn't mercury an entirely different world than ours?

silly goose!...your coin isn't from our world!image >>

Ah Ha, a loop hole. PCGS said nothing about a coin from another World. Got Em....

Ken
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I just checked a globe. The US is still a part of the world. So, I think it works for me.image
  • Options
    themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    World coin = any coin in the World.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>Joined the collectors club today and saw that the quartely special was for any coin and thats as far as I read. Printed out the submission form and noticed it was for world coins. I was thinking this was just a glich in the system and went ahead and filled out the form, packaged the coin up, took it to the Post Office and off it went to PCGS. Of course it was a USA Mercury Dime.

Just a few minutes ago I was sitting on the porch enjoying the late summer afternoon and this weird thought hit me. Maybe PCGS was only taking World Coins for this quartely submission. Came in and read the whole quartely submission speil and sure enough its World only.

Do you think I will get away with claiming a Mercury Dime is a World Coin? If not should I just call PCGS and tell them the last resort after everything else is done is to read exactly what coin a quartely submission is for? Its too late to get to the local PO so that baby is gone.

Geez....... getting old with no attention to detail is the pits.

EDIT to ADD: I did not take a copy of the submission form either. Now if I call I cannot even tell PCGS what number the submision is.

Double DUMMY I would say.

Ken >>

Feel good. I haven't managed to get the coin count right in almost all submissions this year. Sad to say, that's been about 30. image
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    It's comforting to know I'm not the only idiot in the pack,must be part of the PCGS baptismimage
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Hey No Biggie, I once did a 1 coin submission...and I put in the wrong date....image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

and I forgot to send the coin...empty box:(..Schuss don't tell anyone.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, when it get's to PCGS they will call you and tell you about the "adjustments" necessary before they enter your coin into the system.

If it were me I'd call them first and tell them the story. That way they can have 2 good laughs at your expense.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    Well, when it get's to PCGS they will call you and tell you about the "adjustments" necessary before they enter your coin into the system.

If it were me I'd call them first and tell them the story. That way they can have 2 good laughs at your expense.

this thread is SIX years old

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Necro-posting! Yum!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

yay, first necro of the new forum! :(

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 9:21PM

@Fairlaneman said:
    ...PCGS was only taking World Coins for this quartely submission...
    Ken

But did they specify which world?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file