Home Metal Detecting
Options

ACE 250 owners , UNITE

Tell what you have learned about your Ace 250 here in this thread.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish i got the 250 and not the 350. i dumped it cheap a while ago image
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the 350 was coming out in a week or two? Isn't it new? You can preorder from the Kellyco site.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I like mine very much! It does not discriminate aluminum quite the way I had hoped though. -Dan
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aluminum drives me crazy. Go out to the park for a relaxing evening of MDing but thinking all those nickel hits are nickels like a good MDer I dig em up. Just a S**tload of shreaded pop cans. Other then that its a damn fun little machine especially for the price.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Aluminum drives me crazy. Go out to the park for a relaxing evening of MDing but thinking all those nickel hits are nickels like a good MDer I dig em up. Just a S**tload of shreaded pop cans. Other then that its a damn fun little machine especially for the price. >>

My Minelab e-trac still gives a nickel-ish signal for can shreds, so it's not only the Ace 250 that does this. I feel your pain as well.
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your minelab give a different tone with aluminum then actual nickel. Ive been trying to determin it with my machine but I cant really pick up a sound difference.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does your minelab give a different tone with aluminum then actual nickel. Ive been trying to determin it with my machine but I cant really pick up a sound difference. >>

in a controlled environment at home there is a slight tone difference.

a piece of shredded aluminum can comes in with the lowest tone
    the nickel is the middle tone
    and the pull tab is the "highest" tone of the three

a full aluminum can sounds like a large silver coin

In the field, it's much harder to determine the difference between three low tones especially since gold will be somewhere in there too giving a fourth low tone. That's why it's best to just dig everything if you have the time. Usually nickels come up as a "12-13" on the e-trac, and it's fairly constant, but just re-ran the shield nickel I found and it came up as a different reading.

I look at it as even though it's probably a piece of aluminum, you're cleaning up the area and reducing the risk of someone cutting their foot. I also equate it to finding a Zincoln. Sure I dig those even tho they don't have much value. So just consider aluminum signals as cents, haha.

Do you use headphones? I never did until I got my minelab, and what a difference! I'd recommend them to everyone.
  • Options
    i love my little ace 250...the thing i like best is how well it pinpoints...right on every time.....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage