Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A Dealer with Integrity: Mr. Ron Guth

Hello Fellow Collectors:

I just felt the need to give a well-earned plug to U.S., World (and primarily German coin) expert Ron Guth. I have purchased a number of raw coins from Ron in the last 6 months, and in every case, the coins have been select examples of the issues. More importantly to me, Ron’s informal self-described ‘conservative’ grading has been, IMHO, right on the money in all ways. Ron’s integrity is worth public recognition, and I’m proud to be affiliated with such an honorable and fair dealer. As a couple of examples of what Ron has done for me personally, and why I feel so strongly, I recently submitted 2 German coins I purchased from Ron to PCGS for grading. I did this without Ron’s knowledge and at my own expense. In fact, the submissions were essentially free, as they were allowed with my new membership, so cost me the price of PCGS membership. PCGS had no idea that these coins derived from Ron Guth. So I consider the grading fair, and want to make that point. To even take the point one step further, I did submit other coins purchased from other sources in the same lot, and those coins came back fairly graded, as well. My point is that this was truly a ‘blind submission’ for the more cynical among us. The results below from the submissions speak for themselves. I have attached photos of the 2 German coins below (photos compliments of ‘my man’ Bob Campbell!). Regardless of one’s collecting passion, these coins are to my eyes beautiful. I was delighted when the coins came back yesterday graded almost exactly as they had been described by Ron when they were sold to me. I won’t share the price of the coins, for obvious reasons, but can tell everyone that the value received from these two “Pop 1-0” gems is extraordinary. Ron won’t be paying his kids college tuition with these two coins, and I sensed that he very much enjoyed the fact that the deal made me happy. It was a good, fair deal. Since that time, Ron has sent me one order that totaled less then $50, he has accepted coins back that were ‘not for me’ with a 30 day review period, and has always done so in a professional and timely fashion. So having said all that, I wholeheartedly endorse Ron’s services and expertise, and encourage my fellow collectors to go to Ron’s site [http://www.germancoins.com], poke around, have fun, and if you do business with Ron, see if I’m exaggerating one bit. Happy collecting, as always.

Sincerely yours,
Duane Blake

German Coins I purchased raw from Ron:

1) PCGS Germany 1927A 50 Reichspfennig PR64+ [Weimar Republic KM-49]
Cert. No.: 18123980 Pop 1-0.

2) PCGS Germany 1935G 10 Reichspfennig PR65 [Third Reich KM-40]
Cert. No.: 18123981 Pop 1-0.

Comments

• Options
    Nazi coins? image

Cool nonetheless. image

Ron is aces. image
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are beautiful coins Duane. Germany definitely came up with some great designs.image
  • Options
    Wow. The coins are beautiful, and I have had great experiences dealing with Ron. That's all this posting is about. Don't make it ugly.

Be well.
    Duane
  • Options

<< <i>Those are beautiful coins Duane. Germany definitely came up with some great designs.image >>

They are indeed. And you did a great job with the photos, as well buddy. Like you, too, I got my first "+" on a free submission! image

FYI NOTE to Big Rick: I'm from a Jewish family, (you would have no way to know that my mother's maiden name is Horowitz), and have familial Nazi stories right from inside of my own family. It was a horrendous time for many people, and I would be the last person in the world to start this thread with the idea was to be offensive to anyone. The 1935 coin is indeed a 'Nazi' coin, but the 1927 is in fact from the Weimar Republic. Those are two very different periods of time, and have very disparate meanings. Just thought you should know all of that.

Duane

Educational edit: Both coins derive from the 'Weimar Republic'. I was privately corrected by an expert. BR; what the heck are you talking about? Thank you.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one better than Ron Guth!! imageimage

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Duane, those are some beautifully crafted coins! I don't see many German coins, but I really like the look of those two. And I agree Ron Guth is one of the good guys, and knows his stuff that's for sure! Thanks for sharing these Duane!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent some time with Ron at the last Long Beach show. He was very nice and a pleasure to talk with. I would have no problems doing business with him or recommending him!!! With all his work on coinfacts I am surprised he has time for anything else!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Off topic to your post, but was that avatar (coin) bought at the last Long Beach show?
  • Options
    Hi Chris,

My beloved 1909 Avatar changed ownership at the Boston ANA and now belongs to Andy and Alynne Skrabalak. The coin is listed in Angel Dees' inventory at http://www.angeldees.co/angeldees_inventory.pdf.

You may want to call Andy and Alynne directly. Good luck to anyone prying that baby away from Alynne image

Regards,
    Duane

• Options

<< <i>Hi Chris,

My beloved 1909 Avatar changed ownership at the Boston ANA and now belongs to Andy and Alynne Skrabalak. The coin is listed in Angel Dees' inventory at http://www.angeldees.co/angeldees_inventory.pdf. >>

Small world! I just had a feeling that that is the one I saw in Long Beach image

Got to see it in hand, and I know the grade.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Chris,

My beloved 1909 Avatar changed ownership at the Boston ANA and now belongs to Andy and Alynne Skrabalak. The coin is listed in Angel Dees' inventory at http://www.angeldees.co/angeldees_inventory.pdf. >>

Small world! I just had a feeling that that is the one I saw in Long Beach image

Got to see it in hand, and I know the grade. >>

Cool! Did you like it?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Chris,

Got to see it in hand, and I know the grade. >>

Cool! Did you like it? >>

Of course! Looked very nice for the grade.
  • Options
    Thank you. It's a special coin, and was very hard for me to part with. But my focus in on other series now, and it was time.

Someone will be a very happy collector image

Take care.
    Duane

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭