Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    What else do you expect from Coach's Corner? How those guys are not in prison is beyond me. I highly doubt that even GAI would have certified this ball...there may be ONE real auto on that ball then the rest was added later.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭
    I just want to add that Coach's Corner is a GREAT example of why fraud is so rampant in the collectibles industry. When you are allowed to do it without investigation or punishment, they grow and it shows others they can get away with it too. If you get taken in this hobby then its your own fault for being ignorant and not doing your homework cuz some of it is incredibly obvious.
  • Amazing how all of those Greats used the same pen. Funny how many of them forgot how to spell their own names.

Got to love CC's ad. We got a ball signed by Foxx, Cobb, Dean, DiMaggio, Paige, ect.. but we won't show you the signatures.
  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    Nice Ball. I have always wanted a Fred Williams, Nickey Nantle, and Ray Campanella's autograph
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • I looked up the cert on GAI's website:

Letter of Authenticity (LOA) Service
    Certification Number: GV194501

Item: HOFers signed baseball
    Details: HOFers signed baseball with 36 signatures, including: Hank Greenberg, Satchel Paige, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Sandy Koufax, WIllie Mays, Carl Hubbell, Casey Stengel, Joe Medwick, Jesse Haines, and others.

LOL
  • Wow! Not at how bad that ball is but...

Current Bid : $1038
    History : 12 bids
  • Looking over the site. Looks like Gai has entereed the fake auto market wiith a passion.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Hmmm... Must've been too late to get Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig to sign. Alas.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya know - that's awful and good at the same time.

Tho obvious fakes - they're not that bad in resembling the real signers - I wouldn't be surprised if someone projected the name on the ball and kind of traced it?

I have nothing nice to say about CC - but have bought stuff from them - PSA/DNA, PSA and SGC stuff.

I once picked up a 74OPC Winfield RC - SGC88 - for 67 bucks - not too bad.
    Mike
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    And Jacki Robinson
    This ball is absolutely hilarious.
    Tempted to say serves the stupid buyer right, but can't really fault a casual buyer. GAI authentication would provide significant piece of mind to the uninformed. Wonder who CC paid off at GAI to get this piece of trash "authenticated"?
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Roy Campanella pre-accident signature on a pristine white baseball?

With all those other signatures?

Campy's car wreck was in 1957
    Mickey Cochrane died in 1962 (signature on ball misspelled "Micky"
    Jackie Robinson died in 1972 (signature on ball misspelled "Jacki"
    Casey Stengel died in 1975
    Joe Medwick died in 1975

I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!

imageimage
    Steve
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    There's a sucker born every minute.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I like the autograph of....

LOU LFDJLSFJLJDLJDSJDLJD
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>WTF is this? LOL imageimageimage IF YOU THINK THIS IS FAKE, FIND OUT WHERE SELLER IS FROM AND CALL FBI....THEY GOTTA SEND IT THRU MAIL AND THUS, MAIL FRAUD...

Seriously? >>

always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭
    This is under their terms and conditions

There will be NO returns on graded cards or Authenticated items. Ask questions regarding the items and look at close up scans before you bid! Any disputes on these must be taken up with graders or authenticators, not Coach's Corner.
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• 1. maybe they all signed at one of the 1st card shows ever like in 1956? thus the reason for all of them being signed with the same blue pen?
    2. this is a historic ball it has crossed over to the dead and then crossed back over to the living thus the reason for the ball being pure white like virgin snow?
    3. Barnum & Bailey are still alive kicking except selling autographed balls now.
    4. This is really a reverse sting operation to put stupid people in prison for even bidding on this POS.
    5. This is the reason I am quitting the hobby and opening a shell game on the local corner near you. image
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    It's equally funny to me that people acknowledge this fake but then go spend big money on another autograph simply because PSA says it's a legit signature. Knowing how much fraud there is makes one wonder how much is real and how much is fake. To take it a step further it's funny we collect signatures of people at all when you really think about it.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of consigning to CC my authentic 1976 Topps Babe Ruth All Time All Star card autographed by none other than the Babe himself.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's equally funny to me that people acknowledge this fake but then go spend big money on another autograph simply because PSA says it's a legit signature. Knowing how much fraud there is makes one wonder how much is real and how much is fake. To take it a step further it's funny we collect signatures of people at all when you really think about it. >>

What's even funnier is the movie Tommy Boy - that cracks me up every time I see it
  • cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Can someone that knows how go to lot #227 and post the picture here so everyone cn give their opinion on it and also a good laugh!
    Check out this one (Lot #12) !!!!!

That Yaz is TERRIBLE!!!!! image

Bidding is up to $948!!!!!

Steve
    How do you spell George (as in George Sisler)?

This is Lot #264. Evidently George himself spelled it with an n in the middle!

Steve
  • cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    Can someone post pictures of

Lot 3
    Lot 227
    Lot 285

thank you
  • MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of consigning to CC my authentic 1976 Topps Babe Ruth All Time All Star card autographed by none other than the Babe himself.

LOL
  • forensics examiner Chris Morales

Is this guy legit ? Never heard of him. Has a website but doesn't mean a thing.
    Cheers, Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>forensics examiner Chris Morales

Is this guy legit ? Never heard of him. Has a website but doesn't mean a thing.
    Cheers, Steve >>

LINK
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check out this one (Lot #12) !!!!!

Steve >>

Is that a Global sticker I see!!!

Wow...
    Mike
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Where is Marcellus Wallace when we need him?

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' n*****s, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a**.

• << <i>Where is Marcellus Wallace when we need him? >>

Time to call in the Wolf, he will take care of that not so legit ball.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Maybe at one point they acquired a legitimate auto ball, signed over the course of many years by the individuals, that was then graded... and they peeled off the sticker and put it onto a fake. And then resubmitted the original to get another sticker. Rinse, repeat.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • We can laugh, but honestly, that stuff makes me embarrassed to be associated with the hobby. Every single stereotype about fake sports memorabilia shows up.

A show like SNL should buy the baseball, lol. Used as a gag. Didn't they do some don west, shop at home spoofs?

• << <i>

<< <i>Check out this one (Lot #12) !!!!!

Steve >>

Is that a Global sticker I see!!!

Wow... >>

That was suppose to be Yaz? I could not figure that one out. Carl signs better than that.

• << <i>image

I have a question. Who the the Lou signature suppose to be? GEHRIG?

If so that is the worst Gehrig I've ever seen.

Dave
  • Who is Ray Carinfallen?