Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Gem Ikes and SBAs For Sale

Over 50 new PCGS certified Ikes and SBAs listed on my web site tonight, including some gem Ikes and MS67 SBAs for you registrators out there.

A couple on eBay too, no reserve.

Thanks for lookin'...

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this a little early in the evening for you to be on the forums? Thought you just hung out all night image

See you have some nice early stuff listed too. May have to do a little bidding.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    nevermind!!!! was a comment on the links, I didn't read, just looked(bad shopper)
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    Hey Tad did the narrow rim SBA come in from all mints? If so the coins you have for sale if it does not say Wide Rim for a 1979 that means it is a narrow rim right?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    1979-P are found with both Narrow Rim (common) and Wide Rim (tougher)
    1979-D are all Narrow Rim
    1979-S are all Narrow Rim
    1980-PDS are all Wide Rim
    1981-PDS are all Wide Rim
    1999-PD are a completely different design than earlier coins, but counted (erroneously, in my opinion) as Wide Rim by PCGS for registry purposes (the last I knew, anyway).

So, the cheapest way to get high-grade examples of both varieties for PCGS type set purposes is a 1979-D or 1979-S for the Narrow Rim, plus a 1999-D for the Wide Rim.

PS -- for attributing, Narrow Rim is aka Far Date, and Wide Rim is aka Near Date. The distance of the date to the inside of the multi-sided rim is the best way to attribute.
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    PPS -- If you want a "real" Wide Rim, the 1980-D is the cheapest bet in high grade.