Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cool collecting story

I know everyone in this forum deals with mostly cards, but I thought I'd share a cool story that is devloping for me right now.
Last year July I bought a house. We gutted the thing, put in a new kitchen and bathrooms, the whole 9. After a few months I finally went up into the attic and found a large cardboard box. After doing some unwrapping I seem to have stumbled upon an old train set.
It's been sitting in my closet for a while, waiting for me to get to it.
Anyways, after doing a little research and getting some assistance from others, I have found that I am in possession of a 1946 Lionel Train set, 2111ws. This is the first post-war set that Lionel did. Sweet, huh?
Auction value appears to be $1200-1800! It's not like finding a Rembrandt in the attic, but still pretty cool if you ask me.

Here are a few pictures:

Interested in any Favre stuff you have to offer. image

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Looks like one of those Chinese knockoffs. I hear they are coming out of the same plant as the fake PSA slabs these days. image

Nice find and congrats! Sell that beast and buy some nice cards.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    I'm a lover of paper and print. Would love to see the whole box that is in the background.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a lover of paper and print. Would love to see the whole box that is in the background. >>

Sure!
    Unfortunately, years in the attic weren't so kind to the boxes, still cool though!

Interested in any Favre stuff you have to offer. image
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Nice find! On Antiques Road Show, it's amazing how much the box -- in pretty much any condition -- adds to the value of vintage items.

Hope you get a pretty penny for these!
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    That's way cool.

Congrats