Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 OPC hockey - seeking info

I have had these buried away in a box for over 20 years. Are these just blank backs with ?? value?
Any chance they are proofs? I can't remember details on when I acquired them.
Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

Comments

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Theres a few blank backs on Ebay like this one link
  • Options
    cefy1cefy1 Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Very nice items, especially the Gretzky's. There are some graded items on ebay as well a bit overpriced imo. It doesn't appear PSA grades these which hurts markability. Canada collect has a similar leader gretzky for $15 and the Roy seems to be between $50-100 BIN.

Chris
    Always buying Gretzky PSA Graded

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Those really never caught on as far as RARE proofs go. I think there has always been some question regarding their authenticity. PSA doesn't grade them but BGS might and I've seen them in KSA slabs too.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I was always under the impression that they were cut down after market from scrap sheets (I've seen complete sets). For awhile, you could find them in ASA and KSA holders erroneously labeled as "PROOFS." They typically sell for a percentage of the value of the "legitimate" versions...
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I've always liked the blank backs, cool cards Jim.

Like cefy said, there are some graded ones (Beckett). I don't know what the charge is for grading over there. Might be worth sending them in?

TTM the backs? Now that would look nice! Expensive though as Lemieux/Gretzky/Roy typically only sign at shows/private signings.