Home U.S. Coin Forum

$8 handling fee with the voucher?

GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
I thought I read that you don't pay the $8 handling fee when using a voucher for the 4 coin submission.
When I called customer service they said it must be included for everything except the quarterly freebies.

Is that true? Did it change?
Ed

Comments

• TevaTeva Posts: 830
    I thought that also and it reads that way but they called me and I had to pay them the $8.
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would question that again as I haven't seen it change and it has been that you don't pay it when you use the membership "freebies" (8/4/quarterly)
    If they are charging it now, then that adds $8 to the yearly price for the membership and kind of sucks

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never paid the $8 handling fee (that I am aware of) for the 8 coin voucher that comes with the Platinum subscription. My understanding is that its $0 for free vouchers and CC specials. Maybe your 4 coin voucher has a clause?
  • Hello,

The $8 Handling Fee for The Collectors Club Voucher has been in affect as of March of 2010. The only Exceptions to the $8 Handling Fee is Mechanical Error orders, Quarter Grading Specials, and Free Reholders. If you have any further questions you can contact Customer Service at 800-447-8848.
    PCGS Customer Service

<< <i>Hello,

The $8 Handling Fee for The Collectors Club Voucher has been in affect as of March of 2010. The only Exeptions to the $8 Handling Fee is Mechanical Error orders, Quarter Grading Specials, and Free Reholders. If you have any further questions you can contact Customer Service at 800-447-8848. >>

Well, that sucks for those that had their membership PRIOR to that and it hasn't expired or been redeemed yet. That is changing terms AFTER the fact image
    If it were done with NEW/RENEWAL memberships starting in March, then that would still suck but be understandable.....I just don't get the changing after someone has paid but not used the benefit yet.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    It seems unfair to change it for vouchers issued before March of 2010.

Isn't it a contract/deal? When you paid/accepted the terms said "There is an $8.00 Handling fee for each paid submission. This fee is not applicable on complimentary submissions"

I can see it's fair to change any term or fee for new memberships but not to existing memberships.

Ed
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    I'm just hoping they'll get some of my submissions graded. I've had a 6 coin submission (dying to know, monster toners) there since the 2nd, but I had one submitted (20 coins) on the 18th and it was done in 3 days. image

<< <i>It seems unfair to change it for vouchers issued before March of 2010.

Isn't it a contract/deal? When you paid/accepted the terms said "There is an $8.00 Handling fee for each paid submission. This fee is not applicable on complimentary submissions"

I can see it's fair to change any term or fee for new memberships but not to existing memberships. >>

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An old saying come to mind....
    "Don't bit the hand that feeds you"
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

I just read the terms of my 8 coin voucher and accompaning paperwork. My voucher expires in January 2011.

My voucher says that I have to "Send Voucher with your 8 coins, shipping fees and completed Submission..." There is no mention of having to pay the handling fee.

Then I read the accompaning paperwork and it specifically states "There is an $8.00 Handling fee for each paid submission. This fee is not applicable on complimentary submissions." and again "Total charges: Add the total charges due for the submission. For your complimentary submissions, this charge should be equivalent to your return shipping."

I paid for this voucher up front and I would expect these terms to expire January 2011.
  • You are Correct! If a Member signed up prior to the change in our policy of the $8 dollar handling fee it does not apply to them. This is indicated on there Colectors Club voucher. PCGS will Honor the none hadling fee for the vouchers that where issued before the change in our $8 hadling fee policy. Again, If you have any furhter questions you can contact PCGS Customer Service or email us at info@pcgs.com.
    PCGS Customer Service
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i> You are Correct! If a Member signed up prior to the change in our policy of the $8 dollar handling fee it does not apply to them. This is indicated on there Colectors Club voucher. PCGS will Honor the none hadling fee for the vouchers that where issued before the change in our $8 hadling fee policy. Again, If you have any furhter questions you can contact PCGS Customer Service or email us at info@pcgs.com. >>

Great! That's fair.

Thank You PCGS!!!!
    Ed
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You are Correct! If a Member signed up prior to the change in our policy of the $8 dollar handling fee it does not apply to them. This is indicated on there Colectors Club voucher. PCGS will Honor the none hadling fee for the vouchers that where issued before the change in our $8 hadling fee policy. Again, If you have any furhter questions you can contact PCGS Customer Service or email us at info@pcgs.com. >>

That was my experience on my recent 8 coin freebie submission. I was not charged the $8 fee as my re-enrollment was prior to the March date. Y'all can put your pitchforks away.

<< <i>You are Correct! If a Member signed up prior to the change in our policy of the $8 dollar handling fee it does not apply to them. This is indicated on there Colectors Club voucher. PCGS will Honor the none hadling fee for the vouchers that where issued before the change in our $8 hadling fee policy. Again, If you have any furhter questions you can contact PCGS Customer Service or email us at info@pcgs.com. >>

Thank you for acknowledging and stating that. That is more palatable.

• Typos, mispelling, and poor grammar rectified:

You are Correct! If a member signed up prior to the change in our policy initiating an $8 dollar handling fee it does not apply to them. This is in fact indicated on their Collectors Club voucher.

PCGS WILL honor the "no handling fee" vouchers that were issued before the commencement of our $8 handling fee policy began.

Again, if you have any further questions you can contact PCGS Customer Service or email us at info@pcgs.com.

You're welcome
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, "vouchers" for free submissions should be free otherwise, it just isn't free.

While the value is not outrageous, I remember when this handling charge was only $5. Prior to that it was non-existent except PCGS was being inundated with one and two coin submissions so they implemented it to get more coins per submission.

I'm wondering where it'll stop? $8, $10, $15?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • BigRick, yoo mizzed won are too off thar mispelings.
    Do actual dealers pay the handling fee? Just curious.......

• RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't feel to bad i just sent in my 8 6 raw and 2 slabbed and they made me put them on seperate tickets and got the 8 dollar fee plus different shipping fees twice. I am just wondering what is the difference when sending those in? and why can't they ship all coins together when the last one is graded? ......................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • I got hit on this. I didnt pay the $8 on my free subs and they put it on hold til i paid the 8 bucks

<< <i>don't feel to bad i just sent in my 8 6 raw and 2 slabbed and they made me put them on seperate tickets and got the 8 dollar fee plus different shipping fees twice. I am just wondering what is the difference when sending those in? and why can't they ship all coins together when the last one is graded? ......................image >>

The issue of combined shipping has been discussed many times. That said, you can not combine raw grading with crossovers. They have to be on seperate forms and each will have thier own return shipping fee. Now if you were able to combine the two forms(6 raw + 2 slabbed) under the umbrella of that one voucher (even though you have two shipping charges) then consider yourself lucky as I don't think that is allowed.
  • I would have thought that the $20 postage alone would have been enough to prevent one to two coin submissions; it's far more cost-effective for me to send in larger batches if the postage fee for eight is $30 but the fee for four batches of two is $20x4, or $80.

Thanks for the head's up on fees for next year--it's a little thing, but it's good to know now, so I won't inadvertently under-pay.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>don't feel to bad i just sent in my 8 6 raw and 2 slabbed and they made me put them on seperate tickets and got the 8 dollar fee plus different shipping fees twice. I am just wondering what is the difference when sending those in? and why can't they ship all coins together when the last one is graded? ......................image >>

The issue of combined shipping has been discussed many times. That said, you can not combine raw grading with crossovers. They have to be on seperate forms and each will have thier own return shipping fee. Now if you were able to combine the two forms(6 raw + 2 slabbed) under the umbrella of that one voucher (even though you have two shipping charges) then consider yourself lucky as I don't think that is allowed. >>

when i called the first time i was told i had to fill out 2 different forms, when i got ready to send the package i called and was told that if i didnt mind waiting for all the coins to be shipped at one time i could just sumbit 1 form and that would save me from the double shipping which i did, they than sent me email telling me i was suppose to fill out 2 forms. I will search for old threads and look for the answer as to why there different.......................................................................
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>

<< <i>

The issue of combined shipping has been discussed many times. That said, you can not combine raw grading with crossovers. They have to be on seperate forms and each will have thier own return shipping fee. Now if you were able to combine the two forms(6 raw + 2 slabbed) under the umbrella of that one voucher (even though you have two shipping charges) then consider yourself lucky as I don't think that is allowed. >>

when i called the first time i was told i had to fill out 2 different forms, when i got ready to send the package i called and was told that if i didnt mind waiting for all the coins to be shipped at one time i could just sumbit 1 form and that would save me from the double shipping which i did, they than sent me email telling me i was suppose to fill out 2 forms. I will search for old threads and look for the answer as to why there different....................................................................... >>

I would love it to be streamlined and easy, if people agreed to wait, but I really hate the inconsistency of what is allowed, or not.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

when i called the first time i was told i had to fill out 2 different forms, when i got ready to send the package i called and was told that if i didnt mind waiting for all the coins to be shipped at one time i could just sumbit 1 form and that would save me from the double shipping which i did, they than sent me email telling me i was suppose to fill out 2 forms. I will search for old threads and look for the answer as to why there different....................................................................... >>

Your best bet in all cases is to just send it in and then respond to the problems. Mis-Information can and often does happen from the customer service line as their opinions appear to be a varied as ours. They are a good group (just like we are) but sometimes in an effort to resolve situations and answer questions, the facts are not always researched (just like us) for correct answers.

I find this "change in policy" to be frustrating and do not recall seeing it posted anywhere. Does somebody have a link?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have represented a lot of different firms over the years, and one of the most difficult areas in training has been developing and communicating a cohesive customer service policy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file