Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September specials?

Any scuttlebutt yet on what next month's grading specials will be? Sorry, contractually someone HAS to post this question - and - I like using the word scuttlebutt.

Comments

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a $5.00 non sport special.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to see a $5.00 non sport special. >>

Non sports has been included on the $4.50/5.00 special the past two months.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

Morning,

I'll second that thought, any Card any year!!!

Thanks Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

Non sports has been included on the $4.50/5.00 special the past two months. >>

Oops!! I meant to say a non sport special that includes any year, not just 1956 to present.
  • Options
    I'd like to see the half off special for regrading. Last time that had that was last year around October if i remember correctly.
    Cheers, Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the current special become permanentimage
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I want egg in my beer every time.....image YES!!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to see the half off special for regrading. Last time that had that was last year around October if i remember correctly. >>

+1 image
  • Options
    hope they continue current special-
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to see the current special become permanentimage >>

I second that! I just put my 3rd sub of the month in the mail today. These $5 fees are putting a dent in my wallet image

here's a few of the cards I'm sending

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd like to see the current special become permanentimage >>

I second that! I just put my 3rd sub of the month in the mail today. These $5 fees are putting a dent in my wallet image

here's a few of the cards I'm sending

Nice stuff, especially the 71 Tigers. I did not wait until the last minute-I sent mine in yesterday.
  • Options
    OK. I just spoke with someone who may or may not work for PSA and from what I was told the July/August specials will not be continued in September. We're looking at 100 card minimum, value <$100, $5 per card.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK. I just spoke with someone who may or may not work for PSA and from what I was told the July/August specials will not be continued in September. We're looking at 100 card minimum, value <$100, $5 per card.
    >>

that would be great!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'd be ok with that.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>OK. I just spoke with someone who may or may not work for PSA and from what I was told the July/August specials will not be continued in September. We're looking at 100 card minimum, value <$100, $5 per card.
    >>

that would be great!!!!!!!!!! >>

That's better than what I was expecting, especially if it applies to all years.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

that would be great!!!!!!!!!! >>

That's better than what I was expecting, especially if it applies to all years. >>

They didn't say anything about years such as '56 to present; just value <$100 and 100 card min

I should add that they said it was the "next special" so I'm assuming that means September??
  • Options
    I'm still waiting on the "Carol is in love with me and all my subs are free" special.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm still waiting on the "Carol is in love with me and all my subs are free" special. >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    scuttlebutt - 4 dictionary results

scut·tle·butt   /ˈskʌtlˌbʌt/ Show Spelled[skuht-l-buht] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. Nautical .
    a. an open cask of drinking water.
    b. a drinking fountain for use by the crew of a vessel.
    2. Informal . rumor or gossip.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

World English Dictionary
    scuttlebutt (ˈskʌt ə lˌbʌt)
    — n
    1. a drinking fountain
    2. (formerly) a cask of drinking water aboard a ship
    3. slang chiefly ( US ) rumour or gossip
    Word Origin & History

scuttlebutt

1805, "water cask kept on a ship's deck," from scuttle "opening in a ship's deck" (see scuttle (v.2) ) + butt "barrel." Earlier scuttle cask (1777). Meaning "rumor, gossip" first recorded 1901, originally nautical slang, traditionally said to be from sailors' custom of gathering around the scuttlebutt to gossip. Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
    Cite This Source
    Slang Dictionary

scuttlebutt definition

1.n.
    news; information; gossip. (The legend of origin is that the scuttlebutt was a butt [= cask, keg] of drinking water located near a scuttle [= hatch]. Sailors gathered there to exchange gossip.) : What's the scuttlebutt on the steeple clock? Why did it stop?
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭

<< <i>scuttlebutt - 4 dictionary results

scut·tle·butt   /ˈskʌtlˌbʌt/ Show Spelled[skuht-l-buht] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. Nautical .
    a. an open cask of drinking water.
    b. a drinking fountain for use by the crew of a vessel.
    2. Informal . rumor or gossip.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

World English Dictionary
    scuttlebutt (ˈskʌt ə lˌbʌt)
    — n
    1. a drinking fountain
    2. (formerly) a cask of drinking water aboard a ship
    3. slang chiefly ( US ) rumour or gossip
    Word Origin & History

scuttlebutt

1805, "water cask kept on a ship's deck," from scuttle "opening in a ship's deck" (see scuttle (v.2) ) + butt "barrel." Earlier scuttle cask (1777). Meaning "rumor, gossip" first recorded 1901, originally nautical slang, traditionally said to be from sailors' custom of gathering around the scuttlebutt to gossip. Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
    Cite This Source
    Slang Dictionary

scuttlebutt definition

1.n.
    news; information; gossip. (The legend of origin is that the scuttlebutt was a butt [= cask, keg] of drinking water located near a scuttle [= hatch]. Sailors gathered there to exchange gossip.) : What's the scuttlebutt on the steeple clock? Why did it stop? >>

That is an impressive amount of information. I was just happy to find out that I spelled it right!
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    PSA Grading Specials for September 2010PSA Collectors Club Grading Special
    Collectors Club Special #1:
    Sports & Non Sports Cards - All Years - $6 per Card - No Minimum Quantity Required - For Cards Valued Under $100 each

Sports & Non Sports Cards - All Years - $5 per Card - 100 Card Minimum Quantity Required - For Cards Valued Under $100 each

•For Cards Valued Under $100 Each
    •For Gold & Platinum Members
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 45 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 9/1/2010 - 9/30/2010!
    •Click here for Full Details!
    Collectors Club Special #2:
    $14 Per Card - No Minimum Quantity Required - 5 Business Days (approx.)

•For Cards Valued Under $500 Each
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 5 Business Days
    PSA Set RegistrySM Grading Special
    Sports and Non-Sports - $10 per card - No Minimum
    •For Cards Valued Under $250 Each
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 10 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 9/1/2010 and 10/31/2010!
    PSA/DNA Special (Extended!)
    PSA/DNA Special · Autographed 8x10 Photo Grading & Encapsulation Special

•PSA/DNA is Offering any Autographed 8X10 Photograph, Encapsulation Free with Regular Autograph Authentication!
    •This Special is Valid for Sport & Non-Sport Autographs
    •No Membership Required!
    •Turnaround Time Varies with Demand
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    that's not terrible...
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that include cross overs and reviews? It doesn't specifically state it excludes them. I don't have 100 cross overs but maybe I can plead with PSA to allow me to combine them with the reviews (though it does say they need to be submitted on separate forms).
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    anyone putting a group sub together?