Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

+ Designation ... PCGS vs. ATS

Hi all,

I believe I have a pretty clear idea on the criteria PCGS is using for the + designation, but I am somewhat confused as to whether they are using the same criteria ATS? I have heard several dealers state that the ATS "+" is being given out far more readily than the PCGS +. Some are saying a coin basically just needs to be "above average" ATS to be awarded a +. Has anyone else heard anything about this or know what exactly is going on? image

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with NGC plus grading is it is somewhere between "a coin basically just needs to be 'above average' ATS to be awarded the +" and the strict standards PCGS has set for themselves.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Who is ATS?
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    There isn't a single plus from ngc yet that i know of for franklins. As far as washingtons they have given about 8 for all dates and mm combined. I have one which is a 57d ms67+. Imo they ain't just given the things out that's for sure.
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ATS = across the street

makes no difference to me ......it's the coin after all ; not the holder ..........right ?
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>Who is ATS? >>

The other guys....!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>ATS = across the street

makes no difference to me ......it's the coin after all ; not the holder ..........right ? >>

Yes its about the coin, but when it comes to the registry its about the holder!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ATS = across the street

makes no difference to me ......it's the coin after all ; not the holder ..........right ? >>

Yes its about the coin, but when it comes to the registry its about the holder! >>

And, sadly, upon the day it is time to sell.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Oh, you mean unguck, instead of pekugs--the ones who put coins inside of little white iPods.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PCGS forums, ATS means NGC.

On the NGC forums, ATS means PCGS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file