Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

You guys might like these simple wall display shelfs...

These simple shelfs are custom made and the cards display really well in them. I put 2 of them right above my computer desk. Whenever I get a new submission back from PSA, the cards go right on the shelfs...so I can enjoy them for a while before they go back in a box. Or, if I just feel like enjoying and looking at certain cards for a period of time...on they go.

Graded Card Shelf Link

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    One color only, or do you provide multiple color options?
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Just the one natural color...but you can paint them yourself. Depending if there is enough interest, I might ask my carpenter to start making them already painted. There would be a significant cost increase though in producing those.
  • Options
    Maybeit's just me, but it sure looks like it's just a piece of quarter round with 2 holes drilled in it.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe it's just me, but this sure looks like spam. >>

Fixed it for you Bill.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    *shelves.
  • Options
    Bill I thought being from Louisiana you just used a piece of duct tape to hang your cards on the wall, why would you even be looking at a display shelf?
  • Options

<< <i>Bill I thought being from Louisiana you just used a piece of duct tape to hang your cards on the wall, why would you even be looking at a display shelf? >>

We actually use the oil soaked feathers of pelicans. They are pretty sticky.
  • Options

<< <i>Just the one natural color...but you can paint them yourself. Depending if there is enough interest, I might ask my carpenter to start making them already painted. There would be a significant cost increase though in producing those. >>

A "significant cost increase" to paint a piece of quarter round?
  • Options
    hey my computer set in a corner so I need a corner shelf , i know i know one in every crowd. plus I want a shelf with a lock.

good luck on selling the shelves. image
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Awhile ago someone here on these forums showed pictures of a super sweet display shelf they made for their 1955 Topps PSA set. I can't find the thread or the pictures anywhere. However if I was to display any part of my collection. That is the way I would like to do it.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybeit's just me, but it sure looks like it's just a piece of quarter round with 2 holes drilled in it. >>

For $11+ shipped? Nah, can't be...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Depending if there is enough interest, I might ask my carpenter to start making them already painted.

is your carpenter a guy in the moulding department at Home Depot?
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Would you mind if I paid you in gum?
  • Options
    Some of you can go ahead and be typical SAs....and if you feel you can make shelves yourself for cheaper, then go for it. These shelves are professionally made and offer a very easy and reasonably priced way to display 11 graded cards at a time. In fact, I will go ahead and make a total of 14 of them available here on this message board at $4.20 each. If interested, just send me a PM. You can pay through Paypal and just use the shipping calculator from the auction link above to determine shipping costs for the quantity you are interested in. After the first one, shipping costs do not increase that much.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I like it but need it in 31" can you cut it down?
  • Options
    You could probably cut it down yourself with a small hand saw.
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭

<< <i>Just the one natural color...but you can paint them yourself. Depending if there is enough interest, I might ask my carpenter to start making them already painted. There would be a significant cost increase though in producing those. >>

>>

These shelves are professionally made and offer a very easy and reasonably priced way to display 11 graded cards at a time. In fact, I will go ahead and make a total of 14 of them available here on this message board at $4.20 each. >>

Sometimes it's just too easy and I agree when its done.......

A few questions perhaps........

Are you one of those people that talk about themselves in the third person kind of a way?

Are you related in any way to the original carpenter?

Are the reduce priced shelves counterfeit?

Are their any copyright issue's from the original?

Are the $11.00 one's still available?

Are donations of 4.20 acceptable?

Sorry, but then again

Edited to add: Tosh.O

1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options

Do I talk to myself? Well, I suppose I do when I ask myself: 'Why do some people get off on being a-holes?"...and to answer most of your other "questions"...no, I do not make these shelves myself.