Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Update from COB Adder, Iraq

Monday August 23, 2010 11:47 PM

Hello all.........hitting the 96% completion mark of my PSA 7-8 baseball set......I am seeking a nice Clemente # 630, Jorgensen # 596, A.L. Playoffs # 198, Clark # 697, Lyle # 649, Santo # 220, McLain # 750, Mays # 600, Sutherland # 434, and the dreaded 709 Rookie card in either PSA 7 or 8 condition but perfer PSA 7. I have seen posts here on my behalf and wanted to thank everyone for your kindness and gifts......if anyone can assist me my email is kenneth.walker8@us.army.mil or kenneth.walker8@iraq.centcom.mil.......oh forgot Ramirez # 702 and Qualls # 731, Ebay dont seem to have many if ever to bid or buy it now and doing combat missions and taking care of my soldiers needs takes alot of my time...Thanks for any help out there...

Very Respectfully,

SSG Kenneth M Walker
224th Sustainment Brigade
COB Adder, Iraq
APO AE 09331

SSG Kenneth M Walker
COB Adder, Iraq
APO AE 09331

Comments

• << <i>what years? >>

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Qualls is only famous for 1 thing....being in the 1971 Basball set. Some Raymond guy too.
  • Good morning,

Well it is morning here haha......crap I forgot the year, I need 1971 cards, yeah the Qualls and Raymond guys are no-names but as far as this set goes they are some of the costlier ones....I have looked on Ebay for 2 weeks straight and cant find any of my want list cards, I think the 'buy it now" are way overpriced..... any help would be really appreciated...
    SSG Kenneth M Walker
    COB Adder, Iraq
    APO AE 09331
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Just curious. Do you have your collection with you or do you have cards you acquire sent home?
    Stay safe.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Hi Ralph,

I stored about 60% of my 71's at my parents home in California and since I have been deployed (April 2nd till now) I have picked up another 35% of which I will send home almost all the lower cost cards via registered mail, I have my high dollar ones in my care and will bring them home with me.
    SSG Kenneth M Walker
    COB Adder, Iraq
    APO AE 09331
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Qualls is only famous for 1 thing....being in the 1971 Basball set. Some Raymond guy too. >>

Jimmy Qualls, then a 22-year-old rookie with the Chicago Cubs, earned his membership in the No-Hitter Breaker-Uppers Club when he broke up Tom Seaver’s perfect game with one out in the ninth inning on July 9, 1969.
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Ha yeah that is true.....but he is BEST remembered as having one of the most hard to find graded 1971 cards..unless you want to pay a couple hundred for a PSA 8.....I would be VERY happy with a "7"
    SSG Kenneth M Walker
    COB Adder, Iraq
    APO AE 09331