Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Does Dansco make any Mexico albums?? A type set?? Question 2- Can someone list the coins in a 19th c

I am slowly working on my Mexican collection, does Dansco make a type set album?? Other Mexican coinage albums? I din't see any on thier website. If not or even if they do, can you suggest another album for Mexican type sets. Most of the coins are BU and the keys so I need something nice and protective. Any suggestions or the Dansco album #'s.

Thanks,

Edited: In the mean time can someone lsit the slots in the 19th century type set?

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they made them- I own one and am working on a type set as well- I believe they made one for Peso coins starting in 1918- 1945

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Dansco discontinued the 20th Century Mexican Type Set album. You may find some old new stock or a used one someplace. I think I remember seeing a decent used one in a Mexico City shop. I'll check again when I am there and bring it back if I find it.
  • Options
    That would be awesome!
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked the dealer who I thought had one of these and it was not there. Maybe he already sold it or I was mistaken that he had it. He did have a (lightly used) Dansco for balance scale pesos, but I did not buy it due to the price (500 pesos -- about $40).
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    I have done 3 sets of the 100 Peso comms....but had to buy pages and make my own albums.
    Just my 2 cents.....
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Chief Coin & Supply Co's pricelist identifies only 1 Whitman Bookshelf Album for Mexico (Type Set #9524) for $85 new (nothing available used). Nothing in the way of Library of Coins for Mexico. Dansco only has the previously-mentioned "Libertads" (#7232 @ $25.95). Finally, there's Whitman FOLDERS for 1- and 5-centavo collections, but I doubt that's the level you were looking for.

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old dansco mexican type was the 7220 with supplemental gold page, I had about four of these at one time with awesome coins and the Gold page. Some of the 80's coins in high grade are actually really hard to find.

Expect to pay around $100 just for the later two volume set(without coins). I sold my last sets to Mike @ About Rare Coins in Chino California, good luck!