Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Has PSA ever had a special for cards valued $500+ ?

I've never seen a special for this ever. Why don't they throw one in every now and then? No one wants to pay over $60 per card for a card valued at $700. I come up with the $60 like this:

$35 grading fee
16.95 shipping
$10 to get to PSA

$61.95 TOTAL

I guess basically what I'm trying to say is there is a big gap in $500-1999 in the express tier-- that is really expensive. It's not like there are going to be many bulk subs in this category.

Comments

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys. No one wants to complain with me?image
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Come on guys. No one wants to complain with me?image >>

Do you sub alot?? If so, then just call them up and ask for a special for just yourself. I've found that if you take care of them occasionally (meaning, give them some decent revenue from time to time), then if you need a favor (meaning a decent price), it might be considered if you ask. Give CarolJ a shot to make it work for you, but if that doesn't work, just email JoeO.

Good luck,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$35 grading fee
    16.95 shipping
    $10 to get to PSA
    >>

Are you complaining about shipping again??? image
  • My cards don't break $500 so I can't say I feel your pain, mine all qualify for the cheap way in.
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    I feel you pain about this. I am no way a big time collector. I only have maybe 10-20 cards, but most are over $500 and if there were a special I would send in, if nothing else for a review.
    PackManInNC
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Back to the main questyion, Is there ever a special for higher valued cards?
    PackManInNC
    thenavarro,
    To answer your question of do I sub alot.....I don't know depends on who you ask. I've subbed about 2000 cards to PSA. I think that's a decent amount; but to some that may be a drop in the bucket. I understand to contact them when you have bulk questions; but for a few cards I'm not sure.

Does anyone have the answer to the original question? I only started following specials since the end of 2006.

<< <i>thenavarro,
    To answer your question of do I sub alot.....I don't know depends on who you ask. I've subbed about 2000 cards to PSA. I think that's a decent amount; but to some that may be a drop in the bucket. I understand to contact them when you have bulk questions; but for a few cards I'm not sure.

Does anyone have the answer to the original question? I only started following specials since the end of 2006. >>

That's more than me, and probably more than most others. Give them a chance to cut you a deal. Worse they say is no.

Sorry, not much help on the original question though.

Mike
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Call Roy A, he'll at least listen to ya
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    Roy A?

<< <i>Roy A? >>

Roy Alcala

He's the guy that helps me too on PSA/DNA stuff
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    It's only costing you 61.95 to grade a single card because you want it to. Most people would reduce the per card cost by sending in more cards. Even if they had a special the minimum submission requirement would need to be for more than 1 card. The work to process/ship a one card order is essentially the same as a 5-10 card order. So the only benefit to PSA of dropping the $35 fee to $20-$25 would be to get you to send in more cards by establishing a 5-10 minimum for the special.

You can make your own special and reduce the $61.95 cost to get a single card graded by sending the $35 submission in along with your other submissions. You can decrease the $16.95 per card return shipping by sending in more cards on the $35 invoice. Then 5-10 cards submitted at the $35 level will end up costing you under $40 per card rather than $61.95. If you wait for a special and send it on its own you'll still have to add the $26.95 in/out shipping to whatever you submit.

$35 grading fee
    16.95 shipping
    $10 to get to PSA

$61.95 TOTAL
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    They only give specials to those that do not point out every

over graded card they find on ebay.

No special for you, NEXT!

Steve
    Good for you.
    Steve,
    I can't even get to the overgraded cards on EBAY. I have to get through Levi's cards first. He has a large overgraded inventory. image