Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSH - "The Trade Tokens of Texas" & "Chilean Nitrate Mine & Related Tokens&qu

Two great TAMS Journal Supplements:

"The Trade Tokens of Texas" by Fowler & Strough, February 1979. Offered elsewhere for $40, my price $25 postpaid.

"Chilean Nitrate Mine and Related Tokens" by Elwin Leslie, 1980. Offered elsewere for $20, my price $12 postpaid.

also available...

A very nice run of American Numismatic Society "Numismatic literature" Journals 1967-1991 (49 in all). Very fine condition. A wonderful reference source. $125 postpaid for the group (reduced from $175).

Group of (7) auction catalogs from the JJFord library pertaining to gold rush era scales, weights, counterfeit detecting scales, and occasional related items (coins, nuggets, etc). Joel Malter, who seems to have been primarily an ancient coin and antiquities dealer, produced a run of "scales and weights" catalogs in the late 1970's and early 1980's that Ford presumably kept for research. Catalog dates are 4/1979 (a beautiful specialized catalog co-written by William Doniger), 9/1980, 12/1980, 1/1982, 6/1982, 1/1983, 5/1984. Entire group $30 postpaid.

Also... (all prices are postpaid):

Encyclopedia of Gold and Silver Coins of the World, A.M. Smith, Vol II, No. 2, October 1885 (rear cover missing, front cover detached). Nice line drawing of Libertas Americana on the front cover. SOLD

Glossary of Numismatic Terms (English, French, German, Italian, Swedish), Mark M. Salton. Covers missing but otherwise complete. An very useful reference/research item. $15

The Stone Money of Yap, Cora Lee C. Gillilland, 1975. $10

British Numismatic Journal, 1918. Hard covers faded and stained. Internally fine. $25

Goethe's Italian Renaissance Medals, Edward Gans, 1969. $10

Medals of the United States Mint, Julian, 1977. Near new condition. $100

Dies & Coinage, Walter Breen, 1965. $10 (one sold, only one more available)

How to Collect Stamps Coins and Paper Money, Felix, 1954. Free with any other purchase.

Coins & Collectors, Bowers, 1964 (2nd printing, 1965). Hardbound with dust jacket. SOLD

The Token - America's Other Money, Doty, 1994 (Coinage of the Americas Conference). Crisp new. $15

Guide Book of English Coins, Bressett, 1964. Free-Taken.

The Red Book Collector's Series (4 parts). Softcover pamphlets. New. $50 (an identical group sold recently in a Sklow sale for big $$$)

The Palace Collections of Egypt, Silver & Silver-Gilt & Gold, Sotheby, auction held March 24-25, 1954. $30

Comments