Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1971 Topps Football Complete Graded (PSA 8) set FS

Seeing if there is any interest in the current #5 1971 Topps Football Registry set.
The entire set is graded PSA 8 - no quals.
The set is a beauty...all 263 cards...nothing missing.....
Set is listed as "JohnS's 1971 set".
Serious offers listened to....would prefer references for potential buyers if possible.
May be listing on Ebay soon ..still trying to decide what route to go.

Thanks
ps.. you can email me of PM
Collecting 1971 TOPPS FOOTBALL PSA 8 !!!

Comments

• jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    can you please list your references??
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball

• If you are referring to here..I have not bought or sold anything of high value here so I wouldn't have references.
    (Highest price card I bought off someone off the meassage boards was about $250).
    I do however have over 600 plus feedback rating on Ebay = 100 % POSITIVE.
    I will try to posts some pictures here tonight.

When I was asking for references, I just thought that was the common sense thing to do if someone is paying me
    a lot of money for a set. If this is not the norm, I apologize, not that familiar in selling here.

• Ebay link

Ebay link
  • lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    That is a very nice set! Good luck on the sale.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Nice Set, Good Luck~!

• Thanks...
    It was a tough set to complete especially with the colored borders. The set took 5 years to complete.
    The set will be 40 years old next year and will only go up in value, but times are tough...so
    we will what happens.
  • Bump..
    Lots of watchers .. hope that's a good sign.
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    I like pictures!

• otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The set will be 40 years old next year and will only go up in value >>

Great set and best of luck with the sale.

The one thing I wonder is why people make such statements when they are trying to sell. Not to burst your bubble, but the set can also go down in value, so "up" is not the ONLY thing that can happen. That line irks me almost as much as "new and improved."

Again, good luck with the sale. I wish you were breaking it up, because there are a few cards that I would be interested in, including the Bradshaw.
  • Point taken about "set will only go up in value".
    Probably should have said "should go up in value".
    I know somethings lose value, but this type of vintage set shouldn't go down unless a mass cache of PSA 9s surface or some other
    freaky thing..
    I agree with you and was trying to make a sales pitch I guess....

John S.
  • Nice Job on completing one of my All-Time favorite sets.
    Over the years I have built the set 3-4 times now and currently working on a centered SGC 88 or better set.
    I too might be interested in some of the better centered singles if I thought they had a high chance of crossing
    to my SGC set.

Im not sure what a 8 set has sold for in the past ( It really depends on the centering of the set and key cards) Nine Grand
    seems extremely high for the set. $12-15 for commons ($20-30 for a handful of the harder commons) $450-$500 for the Bradshaw
    $150-$175 for Greene. The OJ, Namath, Unitas, Starr, Butkus and stars somewhere in the $2,000 - $3,000 range.
    Im thinking realistically I guy could build a PSA 8 set in the $6,000-$7000 range.

Please don't take my post the wrong way as you have a nice set to be proud of, and one does not just go out and find a lot of the tougher
    commons overnight. Im one of the watchers of the set and wish you the best of luck on the sale. Maybe Im wrong on my cost figures.
    Ill be watching if you decide to break up the set.

regards
    John

• ** UPDATE - 9/5 **

Set didn't sell on Ebay. Will offer it here for $6795.oo before relisting on EBAY.
    Any takers?

Thanks
    John S.