Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would y'all get Cliff Lee on this or not? (Update: Got it done, pic of Cliff and I enclosed)

I've been working on this 2010 Rangers mini helmet for a little over a month and a half, and since it's a "mini", it doesn't have room to hold a complete team set of signatures. Therefore, I'm trying to get autographs of the Rangers that have made significant contributions to this years team. So far, I've got Vlad Guerrero, Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Nelson Cruz and Ian Kinsler. All of those guys are primary reasons why we are in first place right now. Cliff Lee is signing locally tomorrow, and I've got a chance to get him. However, I'm on the fence about whether or not to add him. He really hasn't added anything substantial yet to the Rangers, other than perhaps a "belief" that a lot have that we now have a "legitimate" pitcher. However, if memory is correct, we've only won 3 games that he has pitched in so far. I realize it's my helmet, so to do whatever makes me happy in getting it signed, but just looking for some of y'alls opinions on the matter. If it was yours, would you get him to sign it? I still have a belief that he's going to start picking up W's and be a great asset to us in the playoffs, but if he doesn't, then I don't know if I want him on my helmet or not. Your thoughts??

Vlad Guerrero
Elvis Andrus
Neftali Feliz
Nelson Cruz
Ian Kinsler
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    Have him sign under the visor so you are covered either way.

Actually I guess it depends on how many others you feel deserve to sign and how much space would be left after that.

If it were mine I would probably add him.
  • Options
    have him sign in case they make a deap run into they play-offs, you might kick yourself later if you don't get him now image
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    That helmet just isn't complete if you don't get Chuck Norris' signature onto it somehow. image

Really though I would get Lee's sig on it.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I would.

I'd like to have him on a ROMLB myself.

nice hat!

great Chuck Norris reference too! lol
  • Options
    Since Josh Hamilton has a strong chance at MVP, I don't see how you could not include him.

EDIT to add: To answer the question, Cliffmas hasn't done a whole lot this season for the Rangers other than eat some innings. He has killed me in fantasy baseball the last 2 or 3 weeks.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I think, yes, because of the quality of the player and the high probability that he won't be in Texas next season. It adds to the uniqueness of the piece, and helps to date the piece for posterity.

He's an All-Star and Cy Young winner.

I would look at it as having John Smoltz on a Red Sox or Cardinals item from last year.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd get it signed and consider the helmet simply a 2010 Rangers helmet (a memorable season to this point)
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    He is part of this years squad and former Cy Young winner (2008). I would add him without question. Good luck.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Come on Mike, I wanna be on that helmet ... It's kewl! (Mike, like others have said, if they win the WS and Cliff is a big part of it, you will be kicking yourself in the azz with some BIG sized Texas cowboy boots if you didn't add him!)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I decided to get it done. Here's a shot of me and Cliff from about an hour ago. Evidently the guy in line behind me that took the photo for me has a shaky hand, picture came out blurry. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Here's the sig:

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    looks good. You'll be glad you got it I bet.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, I like your throwback Rangers T-shirt. BTW Lee has only walked 12 batters this year. I still find that to be amazing and not talked about much.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... nice to see that you added Lee ... I think you will be pleased that you did!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I agree that it was a good idea getting him on there. Don't think you'll regret it.
  • Options
    Can't believe ya debated this!

Lee has excellent upside for the Rangers right now. Team's best playoff chances in years, he'll definitely play a major role, and if they go deep in the playoffs and reap the extra revenue, they'll have a solid shot at re-signing (if they choose to, and why not?!).
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I think that with Nolan Ryan at the helm of the team now Cliff Lee isn't going anywhere.