Home U.S. Coin Forum

new ebay shipping insurance. ShipCover

i see a big convenience to me when shipping items over $500. i could only print labels at home for up to $500 but this new option is up to $5000. much faster claims handling also. your thoughts??? is this more expensive than the USPS rates?

edited::::: because i got no responses with yesterday`s thread. image
my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Comments

• TTT
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I say it will help with convenience of not going through other private insurances, but the cost comes with it.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited as prior cost data is no longer correct.

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    USPS insurance on first class and priority mail is very expensive. this is even more expensive. Ebay wants to make money on every part of the process. --jerry
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All well and fine FOR NOW. Once upon a time, there was this thing called PayPal. It was a convenient and often free alternative that some people allowed as payment for those who didn't want to send a check or money order. Now it's mandatory and never free. Also, once upon a time, the eBay seller fees for the casual seller were half of what they are now. If eBay is starting to offer shipping insurance at rates almost competitive with other 3rd party insurers, you can bet that before long they'll be requiring the seller to foot the bill for their insurance on all lots that exceed a certain value in addition to the signature confirmation already require.
  • BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All well and fine FOR NOW. Once upon a time, there was this thing called PayPal. It was a convenient and often free alternative that some people allowed as payment for those who didn't want to send a check or money order. Now it's mandatory and never free. Also, once upon a time, the eBay seller fees for the casual seller were half of what they are now. If eBay is starting to offer shipping insurance at rates almost competitive with other 3rd party insurers, you can bet that before long they'll be requiring the seller to foot the bill for their insurance on all lots that exceed a certain value in addition to the signature confirmation already require. >>

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is seller protection cover lost in the mail if you provide SC? I once lost a coin in mail. Ebay paid for it.
  • CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Better read the fine print

II. THE INSURANCE DOES NOT INSURE:
    Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidences of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.

Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.

Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.

Plasma televisions or monitors.

Loss, damage or non-arrival of any Package which:
    Is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to Carrier’s packaging requirements; or
    Bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if shipped via Parcel Post and required by Postal Law and Regulations.
    Against loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of you, your employees, a Certificate Holder or a Certificate Holder’s employees.
    Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
    Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack by:
    Any government or sovereign power (de jure or de facto);
    Any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces;
    Military, naval or air forces; or
    An agent of any such government power, authority or forces;
    Any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war;
    Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence;
    Seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations;
    Confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation or trade; or
    Nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, however caused. But if nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, results in fire, we will pay for the loss or damage caused by that fire.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Once upon a time, there was this thing called PayPal. It was a convenient and often free alternative that some people allowed as payment for those who didn't want to send a check or money order. "

Boy those were the days, getting checks and money orders all the time. Constantly driving and wasting time going to the bank. and then waiting for the check to clear, great times..... Also going to the post office many times a week to mail packages.....

Now everything is done at my office computer. All payments and all shipping labels done on my office computer, all thanks to paypal .....

If only it was the way it was ..............
  • sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

<< <i>USPS insurance on first class and priority mail is very expensive. this is even more expensive. Ebay wants to make money on every part of the process. --jerry >>

This
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Better read the fine print

II. THE INSURANCE DOES NOT INSURE:
    Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidences of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.

Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.

Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.

Plasma televisions or monitors.

Loss, damage or non-arrival of any Package which:
    Is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to Carrier’s packaging requirements; or
    Bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if shipped via Parcel Post and required by Postal Law and Regulations.
    Against loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of you, your employees, a Certificate Holder or a Certificate Holder’s employees.
    Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
    Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack by:
    Any government or sovereign power (de jure or de facto);
    Any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces;
    Military, naval or air forces; or
    An agent of any such government power, authority or forces;
    Any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war;
    Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence;
    Seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations;
    Confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation or trade; or
    Nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, however caused. But if nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, results in fire, we will pay for the loss or damage caused by that fire. >>

This: image
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget when the hurricane comes thru and washes every1 out, they will be standing there with their pockets pulled inside out claiming bankruptcy (OJ simpson glove doesn't fit moment)
    SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file