Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A complete Registry Set of Washington quarters

After completing this set, and cracking the "leaderboard" of sorts (getting in the top 20 and being listed on page 1), all that's left to do is upgrade whenever possible. Any advice from you pros who have "been here, and done this" on how and where to focus my collecting energies? I have a partial set of SLQ but those are harder to come by than Washingtons! Thanks!!
What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.

Comments

• Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Craig... as you well know I owe a few "thank you's" to you... i acquired 4 coins from you. They were all 66's... my desire to complete the set outweighed my patience. Perhaps I should have held out for 67's but the collecting bug wouldn't let me wait. I have a high grade raw set (32-98 minus the 32s and d )in a Dansco album and I have all of the statehood, territorial, and Natl Park quarters as well. So now I am torn between holding onto cash for upgrades and the attraction to SLQ's.... HELP!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Do what you want to with your set. If it is important to you to move up the list, then by all means work on that. If you are satisfied with the set as is, that's OK, too. Some people like to sell after completion, but I prefer to hold on, and pick up examples to improve my set. There are no rules that you have to follow that anyone else should impose on you.
    Dr. Pete
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there retired it and working on my date set of half dollars. Selling them provides funds for upgrades and filling holes.
    BTW mine was the 1932 to present that I retired last year.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on cracking the first page!

I just started my Complete Merc Variety Set in May and am well on my way but I had a couple more coins than I do now and changed my strategy....I sold the common date MS66 FB coins and one MS63 FB....so that I could focus on quality over quantity. I did not want to be in the position in a few years of selling coins to upgrade etc. I caught myself just in time I think. This new path I am on will take me much much much longer to complete the set but I think it is the right direction for me.

Greg
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Even though I'd LOVE to start another set, perhaps an everyman WLH, it would bug me to not finish the sets I'm working on. I have SEVERAL slots that I could get an upgrade and it would feel like I gave up if I just left them as is.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times