Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Related Apps for the iPhone

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
PCGS Photograde - FREE - I like it but for the iPhone the pics are just too small even when you zoom in on them. I understand it is better for the iPad.

Inventory Scanner - FREE - Cool Toy! It is a bar code scanner and inventory tracker. You can use it to VERY QUICKLY scan the Interleave 2 of 5 bar code format on the PCGS Slabs. It should read the numbers back to you that are on the slab. Then you can take a picture of the coin/slab, write up a description, type in an internal id, unit cost, unit price, location of the item, comments, etc.

Edited to Add: eBay....duh!

Edited to Add: Heritage

I also use NOTES to keep a list of the varieties I am looking for just to use as a quick reference.

Web browser for PCGS Price Guide, Population Reports, My Set Registry and Collector Universe Message Boards....and other websites.

Anyone else know of any other coin related apps. or want to share how they use an app for coin purposes...on the iPhone?

Greg
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    The Kitco app is pretty good. Kinda coin related.
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    I read that PCGS is working on another app that will let you check and manage your sets and check status on your submissions. I cant wait for that to come out and hope they do the same on the paper side
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    Ebay and Heritage have apps for the iphone.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ebay and Heritage have apps for the iphone. >>

Holey Cow....how did I forget eBay? I'm on it almost every day. Geez!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    I too am looking for an app to scan in my PCGS coins.

1) Ideally it would be a part of PCGS, and therefore require a login or some level of authentication.
    2) It would also need to be able to resolve the registry status of a coin that was previously registered, and later purchased by another PCGS member.

This data would be invaluable to PCGS, as they could establish the lineages of particular coins, as well as develop a photo image base of individual coins which could be used to reduce the likelihood of of counterfeighting.

Is anyone working on this yet????

On the other hand.... Naaaahhh. Why make it easy or fun to register sets? image
    “When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Heritage app is useless. Its the 100% same as their regular mobile version. Too many missing options like looking at auction history and your tracked lots.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    An app for the PCGS price guide would be cool. The browser works, but an app would be easier

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file