Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards that could have been updated 1-10 1963 Stargell

All the people making custom cards lately got me looking for the thread about cards that could have been, couldn't find it. So, I thought that everyone could post their "could have been" customs here if they wanted. While trying to avoid doing anything productive today I stumbled across some images I liked and made them into these two could have been customs.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    I don't make customs but I would love to see a 35 Chicle Don Hutson.
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a 1954 Topps hockey card or Maurice Richard and Jean Beliveau.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Keith Conforti has made a lot of really incredible ones- they are often distributed at the Boston shows as promos. Here's a few he sent me

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimageimageimage

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Keith Conforti has made a lot of really incredible ones......... >>

Keith has some of his cards on this site.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are links to a couple of Bob Lemke's sites with some of the cards he's made:

1955 Topps All-Americans

Baseball

Steve
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    I don't know. That DiMaggio looks a little O/C to me! image

Seriously, those are simply incredible. They look amazingly real. What kind of program would one use to make such real looking cards??
  • Options
    Those are some amazing looking cards! Here are a couple more somewhat recent creations. I don't know what the other guys use, but I use photoshop.

• Options
    WOW! Those are fantastic! Personally, I like the Duke Snider the best.

• Options
    Love the Paige! Here is my last one for tonight, just had to use the other Ruth image I found.

• Options
    Wow lots to like here! Love the CJs!
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I love this thread. It's so cool to see card's that weren't made for whatever reason.

I'm really surprised some card manufacturer hasn't made an entire
    set with cards like these. I can think of hundreds of vintage Football cards I'd like to see created.
  • Options
    Here's some Rose's I've done

1972 boyhood - image

2004 UD Timeless Teams - image
  • Options
    And some more

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very cool thread. Doran as always great work.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are showing modern game used cards, are you implying that there are no modern cards made of Rose because he is banned? You know, now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing any modern cards of Pete Rose. Would my assumption be correct?

Shane

• Options
    Rose's only modern cards are 2008 - 9 donruss Panini Threads, Americana, elite, prime cuts, 2010 UD, razor, and sport kings but of course none mlb licensed. Missed out on some great inserts and relic cards would love to see the 3000 hit club card made but since UD got slapped down doubt it will ever happen.
  • Options
    Love the Rose cards, here are a few I've made. I'm sure I've posted all of these at some point in the past, but might as well put them here.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    that '71 Perez is awesome!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GatorGator Posts: 210
    All fantastic!
  • Options
    Yeah the Perez came out good, but I can't take credit for the image used that came from board member mcholke.
  • Options

• Options
    I've gotten hooked on these Cracker Jack cards, makes me wish I could afford to collect them. Here is the newest.

• Options
    Here is my newest one, 1976 Bob Gibson.

• Options
    "I've gotten hooked on these Cracker Jack cards, makes me wish I could afford to collect them. Here is the newest."

I just wish you could make them for reals lol
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Gibson Doran, but it's centered too well for a 76. image
  • Options
    You're probably right Nick, but then again we can all dream.
  • Options
    This is an awesome thread. Here's a football one I've been working on.

• Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Awesome card, Gator!
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Here's a Bowman Chrome Strasburg rookie I made last year. Kind of hard to tell it's chrome cause of the canvas I used, but it is.

• Options
    Is that a refractor? image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is my newest one, 1976 Bob Gibson.

image >>

Freaking sweet. Now that's one BMF.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Can you guess the new guy?

• Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>Can you guess the new guy?

image >>

Has to be a young Koufax?
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    Wow, there is quite a resemblance, but the guy pictured never actually played in the majors....but he is very well known.
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    shooting from the hip I'm going to go with a young Zane Gray

Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I wish I had the computer skills to make a 1986 Fleer Fletch #99 Lakers RC.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish I had the computer skills to make a 1986 Fleer Fletch #99 Lakers RC. >>

Chick Hearn: He's 6'5", with the afro 6'9".
    4 Million dollars a year sure..but he's worth every penny.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Can't you just see him standing there with the ball under his arm, blowing a kiss, with his Lakers #99 jersey, in that classic 1986 Fleer style?
    How have I never thought of this before?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Where can I get these cards?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

Not sure what position fletch played lol

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    Correct answer is a very young Fidel Castro.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Not sure what position fletch played lol >>

WIN!

If I recall correctly, Fletch played all positions in the championship game and his fro added another foot to his height.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Awesome cards everyone!

If doing requests how bout 1970 and/or 1971 cards of Kenny Stabler and Roger Staubach

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    Some great cards in this thread. How about a 68 Reggie Jackson? With 100+ AB's in 1967 I'm surprised he wasn't on a 68 rookie card.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Love it!

How about a 1978-79 OPC WHA Wayne Gretzky rookie with the Indianapolis Racers?? It could be a combination of features found on the 1972-1977 WHA OPC cards.

And a 1951 Bowman Joe DiMaggio. Also.

If I ever learned to make Cards That Coulda Been I'd never leave the house!
  • Options

<< <i>Some great cards in this thread. How about a 68 Reggie Jackson? With 100+ AB's in 1967 I'm surprised he wasn't on a 68 rookie card. >>

Topps made one in the 2005 Fan Favorites issue. Also made an autographed version, very cool.

• Options
    That Fletch card made my freaking day!
    I will print it on the printer at work tomorrow, and put it in a screw down holder on my
    mantle.
    Awesome.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to write that I had never seen a photo of Jax in a KC A's uniform.

I need to keep up with those issues.
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

My latest, an old-school multi-player feature card.
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    Great cards!!!

Love the Fletch card --- need to add to the set a card of Sam Malone and Tony Banta
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com